Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Looks like new Indian Models on the horizon...

2185 13
Chieftain Elite, Chieftain Limited, Roadmaster Classic

New Indian models from the CARB info
http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/new-indian-models-from-the-carb-info.78745/
New Indian Chieftain, Roadmaster Variants Coming? | RideApart
https://rideapart.com/articles/new-indian-chieftain-roadmaster-variants-coming
I received an email with the attached announcement on Thursday, Feb 9 that indicates a potential unveiling on 2/25.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
929 Posts
I am guessing that what they will do is to offer the Chieftain with different types of upgrades from factory and will charge prices accordingly .
So people would not have to scramble their brains on obtaining and installing those upgrades , like Stage II cams , High flow air intakes , mufflers (Polaris can make some deals with Rush as an example , to provide them with the mufflers ) ,etc etc ... that is my take on it . I cut be wrong , thou ...!!!

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As it happens, I was at my dealer performing my 15k mile service and new rubber yesterday on my bike. I asked one a sales guy and got this (very roughly paraphrased):
Roadmaster Classic - A nearly-all-leather Roadmaster
Chieftain Elite - New paint job and color combos, bigger front tire with different fender, other farkles.
Chieftain Limited - ???

· Registered
195 Posts
They better have a 4 cylinder engine on the 25th or I'm gonna be pissed! LOL

A dealer in Florida told me he received three big crates (with motorcycles) and they are not allowed to open them until the morning of the 25th

· Bronze member
1,716 Posts
Trust me fellow ******; it won't be a 4 cyl motor. That motor ain't gonna see daylight outside of the teepee. And they MOST definitely would not introduce a new bike with an engine mod mid model year. Never happen. The new scoots will just be a re-working of some parts in the bin at Polaris. Remember, outside of the bean counters at public companies (of which Polaris Industries is), the marketing folks also run the show. More bling, some practical and functional, some not; but mostly to get you to keep buying and opening your wallet, of course made out of Indian leather!!!!![cigar]

· Silver member
4,094 Posts
I expect the mid year new models to be variations of existing models but let a year or two pass and I bet some very untraditional Indians will be on the floors attracting a new market niche.

· Registered
929 Posts
I decided to look for a Chieftain some 2 months ago , started looking at the 2017 models and I didn`t like the new "ride Command" visually ... I think it is ugly , but that is me . Frankly , I much prefer the 16th dash screen . That it doesn`t has navigation , so what ? I have my phone which has a 5 " screen and it is updated 24 hours at day by Goggle .
So, I went for a 2016 and saved , literally, a ton of money .
I believe the new models will have some bling added to it and priced accordingly , but I just cannot imagine any radical change to anything for the forseable future .

· Registered
929 Posts
Another thing that puzzled me is that the 2017 chieftain has very little chrome on the engine compared to the previous years ... What called my attention was the amount of chrome on the 2016 engine ... it really pops with chrome detail and the 17 engine cavity is opaque , with a lot of black that hides the beauty of the 111 engine . I guess I am old school and bling attracts my eye , lol...

· Rider
1,404 Posts
They better have a 4 cylinder engine on the 25th or I'm gonna be pissed! LOL

A dealer in Florida told me he received three big crates (with motorcycles) and they are not allowed to open them until the morning of the 25th
I'm with you, we need a modern version of the Ace in line 4! =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.