Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,336 Posts
Had this on my Scout back in December of 2014 .. The Cost of Checking the Fuel Valves Alone at 20,000 paid itself alone.. Although was already money ahead when Brake Flush and Fork Fluid Change was done at 10,000 & 15,000 ..

·
Bronze member
3,044 Posts
prices are in the accessory catalogue.. I debated doing it and in the end I didn't

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My dealer was offering this in 2017 when I bought my bike...I passed on it because I have the extended warranty, and I knew that I was going to Germany the next year.

·
Silver member
4,807 Posts
3years/15,000 miles. Hell, I would burn through that warranty in a little over a year... Not enough miles to justify the cost...

·
Rider
530 Posts
Most of those service plans are money makers for the dealer, do you think they are there because they want to save you money
Youll go in for your oil and filter service and you will find out you need all kinds of other service that is not covered
Car industry has been doing it for years and yes its a profit maker for the dealer that has a good service dept

·
Rider
932 Posts
Does anyone know the pricing?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
5,336 Posts
Most of those service plans are money makers for the dealer, do you think they are there because they want to save you money
You'll go in for your oil and filter service and you will find out you need all kinds of other service that is not covered
Car industry has been doing it for years and yes its a profit maker for the dealer that has a good service dept

Not arguing this is quite possible for some dealers but never happened with mine either on the Scout or my CDH .. in fact twice they found Warranty Issues that were corrected .. But am sure there probably records of the above happening .. My Buick Dealer never pulled this on me either just lucky I guess .. For someone whose is not handy enough with tools this is usually a good deal My Cost of $1300 for 6 Services within a 3 Year Time limit .. This includes Brake Fluid Change and flush every 10,000 and Fork Oil Service at 15,000 .. Money well spent if have some decent wrenches taking care of your Ride ..

·
Bronze member
1,039 Posts
Not arguing this is quite possible for some dealers but never happened with mine either on the Scout or my CDH .. in fact twice they found Warranty Issues that were corrected .. But am sure there probably records of the above happening .. My Buick Dealer never pulled this on me either just lucky I guess .. For someone whose is not handy enough with tools this is usually a good deal My Cost of $1300 for 6 Services within a 3 Year Time limit .. This includes Brake Fluid Change and flush every 10,000 and Fork Oil Service at 15,000 .. Money well spent if have some decent wrenches taking care of your Ride ..
@JayFL459 So how many miles a year do you put on each bike? (Scout and CDH) Do you have a maintenance plan on each bike?

·
5,336 Posts
So how many miles a year do you put on each bike? (Scout and CDH) Do you have a maintenance plan on each bike?

25,000 on the 2015 Scout in 2 Years .. 24,000 on the Chieftain Dark Horse 2 Years 3 Months ( Totaled )

·
Rider
845 Posts
I know a few people here about a year ago were complaining there wasn't one at the time.

I don't care since I do all the maintenance myself.
For those of you have the talent, the tools, and the space to do that, man it's great. But old guys like me & Jay it's just a different game. My dealer even brings a covered trailer down to pick up my bike for service. The secret is trying to time out tire & brakes (which aren't covered and, therefore, no free trailer) with oil changed and/or major service intervals . . . . . .

BD

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You have to remember when they say 5 visits in 25000 miles. If you don’t ride over 25000 you lose services ! When three years runs out you are done even if you only put on 5000 miles. Therefore you lose a lot of your benefit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts