Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Street Glide today. The dealer was good enough to allow me to find my own buyer and run the deal through them with no mark up. The couple were able to finance it through the dealership.
The salesman called and said he ordered a red one for me, hopefully it doesn't take long to get here. I'm excited and sad at the same time.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Blue is better, jus sayin, lol. The wait is gonna really mess with your head. Congrats, and yes do post some pics.

Reactions: BaggerJay

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long did they say till delivery?
They can't give me a date. Maybe because it's Sat I'm not sure? They had one on order, but because it was for stock the delivery date is TBD. He said once they tell Indian it's sold they move it up. I'm hoping not more than a few weeks, It's still not great weather here.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I rode 2 challengers this week. One with the Indian challenge where they provided a new Harley road glide. I like the bike and it has a lot of nice features. But, I love my chieftain so I probably won’t trade. The one thing which bothered me was it sounded like a cement mixer at idle. Maybe with a few changes or a loud radio but why is it so noisy compared to the 114 Harley?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I rode 2 challengers this week. One with the Indian challenge where they provided a new Harley road glide. I like the bike and it has a lot of nice features. But, I love my chieftain so I probably won’t trade. The one thing which bothered me was it sounded like a cement mixer at idle. Maybe with a few changes or a loud radio but why is it so noisy compared to the 114 Harley?
Over head cam

·
Rider
510 Posts
Congrats Jay! I put a deposit on a Base model Thursday. I figured since the day it gets home its getting torn down to be painted, and I can make it what I want for under the 5k to upgrade, I would be fine. It does suck that I won't get the smart lean, but I've never had it, so I'm not heart broken. Keep us posted on any upgrades you do Jay!

Reactions: Michael D and HINK

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Jay! I put a deposit on a Base model Thursday. I figured since the day it gets home its getting torn down to be painted, and I can make it what I want for under the 5k to upgrade, I would be fine. It does suck that I won't get the smart lean, but I've never had it, so I'm not heart broken. Keep us posted on any upgrades you do Jay!
Congrats Sphinx! I don't even care about the smart lean, it will probably be turned off more than on. I really just wanted the red, bag fillers, nicer wheels and keyless entry. If the base model came in red I think I would have gone that route.
I just didn't want to be the guy saying "I wish I bought the red one" in six months.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics once you get it painted. Maybe start a thread showing tear down and rebuild?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats BaggerJay! We all look forward to your sharing your ride experiences. Don't forget the pipes. Lol.
Thanks Grayrat! Pipes wont be my first mod, I think I'm going to wait until the ecm is cracked. I'm probably going 2-1 route if it proves to make more power.

·
Rider
510 Posts
Congrats Sphinx! I don't even care about the smart lean, it will probably be turned off more than on. I really just wanted the red, bag fillers, nicer wheels and keyless entry. If the base model came in red I think I would have gone that route.
I just didn't want to be the guy saying "I wish I bought the red one" in six months.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics once you get it painted. Maybe start a thread showing tear down and rebuild?
Yah it is going to suck not having electric locking bags, but cant win em all I suppose. At some point, I will add that along with the puddle light. The bonnet will be done first I think. I am hoping to get a GoPro for my birthday in April. If I do, I will be posting videos on disassembly. If I had one now, I would have posted a how-to on taking off the forks on a Chieftain. I just finished assembling the bike again yesterday after having them rebuilt and new front and rear tires done. I will have to provide a friend some beer to help me edit out the cussing I'm sure...

·
Rider
844 Posts
My Challenger is like a sewing machine at idle, and a Harley rider can't hear my engine on the road because I'm a mile ahead of him.
winter ride 005_crop.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,021 Posts

My wife just picked up a Chieftain Limited in the ruby color. The ruby red paint looks amazing.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,241 Posts
Congrats! It's a great bike, I love mine!

·
Rider
844 Posts
BaggerJay

I don't think you'll have to worry about the problems that afflicted the early production models. Yours will have the new software (tune ) that I just got in mine. You can blip the throttle on downshifts with impunity and the throttle response is crisp and immediate. My bike had some episodes of surging after a hard run but with the new reflash it runs fantastic.
I just came in from a quick run on the interstate and it's like I put a PowerVision tune on it.
Congratulations and you have excellent taste in color.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BaggerJay

I don't think you'll have to worry about the problems that afflicted the early production models. Yours will have the new software (tune ) that I just got in mine. You can blip the throttle on downshifts with impunity and the throttle response is crisp and immediate. My bike had some episodes of surging after a hard run but with the new reflash it runs fantastic.
I just came in from a quick run on the interstate and it's like I put a PowerVision tune on it.
Congratulations and you have excellent taste in color.
Thanks Sandspur! I'm hoping for zero throttle lag. My friend has a base model, he's only got to ride it a few times, but he said his only complaint is the lag. He has not had the new software done yet.

On a side note, I plan on taking off the black plastic on the saddle bags like you did.

·
Rider
844 Posts
Thanks Sandspur! I'm hoping for zero throttle lag. My friend has a base model, he's only got to ride it a few times, but he said his only complaint is the lag. He has not had the new software done yet.

On a side note, I plan on taking off the black plastic on the saddle bags like you did.
I like the bags also without the " flair".
What do you think of the fender brackets being painted satin black?
wheel paint 005.JPG
wheel paint 006.JPG

1 - 20 of 81 Posts