Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my levers with 2 finger pulls for a 2014 chieftain. Is there any aftermarket ones out there that’ll work? I have a problem with a tendon on my palm that affects my ring finger. I’m hoping I can buy shorter levers and help with my hang issue. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
129 Posts
We’re you able to find something? I’m on the same boat. Seen this online and I might pick it up. These levers, might work but I’m just worried it might make contact with the switch housing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just got them in. I’ll put them on and post before and after pics after work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here’s a quick comparison.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here’s some pics of the shorty levers installed. I wish they were a bit shorter.

·
Bronze member
1,531 Posts
I have cut my stock levers at the breakoff groove a long time ago to give them the "shorty" look. The stock clutch lever is not adjustable so I ask cupl of questions..

How long are these levers in relation to the breakoff grooves of the stock levers, and what is the range of adjustability. I would like my clutch lever a little bit further out than the fixed stock position, and a position on the brake lever closely matching my current setting.

My distributor carries these in stock and recently saw them in my updated catalog, so thanx for posting.

RACNRAY

Attachments

Reactions: WarSquirrel

·
Registered
129 Posts
@RACNRAY, I like yours better honestly, I have no idea why I didn't think of it. I'll get you more pictures with the length and measuring tape. And the adjustability pics as well, when I get home later.

Rode it for the first time today, feels good. Revmatching on down shifts are even easier, and slow maneuvers are cake. But I'm sure you already know that.

Reactions: RACNRAY

·
Bronze member
1,531 Posts
I did some research today, PSR only list the levers for 2018 through 2020. I did some checking it looks like the clutch lever might work but the master cylinder and the brake lever for the 2018 and later is completely different. As a motorcycle shop owner I might just give them a call to see if they have any plans to make levers for the earlier 2014 through 2017

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I did some research today, PSR only list the levers for 2018 through 2020. I did some checking it looks like the clutch lever might work but the master cylinder and the brake lever for the 2018 and later is completely different. As a motorcycle shop owner I might just give them a call to see if they have any plans to make levers for the earlier 2014 through 2017
Ray,
Let us know. My wife has small hands. Between a short reach and stiff clutch, she can have a difficult time in places that need a lot of clutch work. Like traffic. I have been looking for a year for something.

Reactions: photoguy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stock

Shorty

Pic to show the break offs

Lowest setting 1

Highest setting 6

I hope these pics helped.

Reactions: RACNRAY

·
Bronze member
1,531 Posts
@30PlusRetlaw Walter is dropping off his stock levers and I'm gonna check with PSR to find out if they're gonna make levers for the 14-17 skoots or do they need a set of stock levers for R&D.

Is this skoot the levers are on 2018 or later? What year and model is ur wife's skoot?

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
@30PlusRetlaw Walter is dropping off his stock levers and I'm gonna check with PSR to find out if they're gonna make levers for the 14-17 skoots or do they need a set of stock levers for R&D.

Is this skoot the levers are on 2018 or later? What year and model is ur wife's skoot?
If this was meant for me.
My wife have a 2016 Chieftain Darkhorse

·
Bronze member
1,531 Posts
I spoke with Charlie at PSR earlier today, they are going to acquire the parts to do the research and development to eventually make available for the 2014 through 2017
Indians

·
Registered
87 Posts
@RACNRAY, I like yours better honestly, I have no idea why I didn't think of it. I'll get you more pictures with the length and measuring tape. And the adjustability pics as well, when I get home later.

Rode it for the first time today, feels good. Revmatching on down shifts are even easier, and slow maneuvers are cake. But I'm sure you already know that.
what makes it easier? just the length of a shorter lever so you have less distance to pull it? or does it actually reduce the amount of force required to pull it versus the stock levers?

·
Registered
129 Posts
what makes it easier? just the length of a shorter lever so you have less distance to pull it? or does it actually reduce the amount of force required to pull it versus the stock levers?
The length of the lever does not get in the way of the rest of your fingers when fully pulled.

·
Registered
129 Posts
@bevo1981 im not at home now but I’m at a friends house so I’m using his bike as an example. With shorter levers the middle and pinky would not be in the way if the lever is fully pulled in

·
Registered
87 Posts
so it sounds like it's a comfort thing and that it's not actually using less energy/strength to pull it in. is that right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts