Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any potential UK owners out there? If so, where are you, what have you ordered when did you order? Also looking to hear exactly when your bikes arrive.

I ordered a Red Chief Classic on August 13th and can't wait to get it.

Spoke to the Indian Sales Manager on November 1st. He told me that the first 27 bikes for the UK were at sea. Due to arrive in this country around November 14th. He was waiting to see exactly what came in, and couldn't commit to whether mine would be in the shipment. They will take some time to pass homogolation and get distributed, but the first owners should be getting them pretty soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
18875 said:
Are there any potential UK owners out there? If so, where are you, what have you ordered when did you order? Also looking to hear exactly when your bikes arrive.

I ordered a Red Chief Classic on August 13th and can't wait to get it.

Spoke to the Indian Sales Manager on November 1st. He told me that the first 27 bikes for the UK were at sea. Due to arrive in this country around November 14th. He was waiting to see exactly what came in, and couldn't commit to whether mine would be in the shipment. They will take some time to pass homogolation and get distributed, but the first owners should be getting them pretty soon.

Im in the UK, Sheffield. Not ordered one yet, but seriously thinking about it. Just come back from hols in Vegas and had a ride on a Chief classic, very nice!. Sold my Harley, so ready to go! Think im going to have a look up close at the NEC later this month. Are all them 27 bikes sold orders do you know? How many more planned to come over??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
19603 said:
Im in the UK, Sheffield. Not ordered one yet, but seriously thinking about it. Just come back from hols in Vegas and had a ride on a Chief classic, very nice!. Sold my Harley, so ready to go! Think im going to have a look up close at the NEC later this month. Are all them 27 bikes sold orders do you know? How many more planned to come over??
I believe the first shipment are all sold. I was the sixth bike pre-sold at my dealer, and I think there were six dealers initially, so I expect that supply is exceeding demand at present. There are 9 UK dealer now, but Indian are in talks with others. My dealer said they wouldn't keep a demo bike in their showroom if a paying customer was waiting on it. Not all the first shipment are numbered either, so those bikes are all gone now.

I expect they'll send more as soon as they're available if deposits have been paid, but the US market is soaking them up at present. I wanted mine for next season, so I took a gamble and ordered early. Seems quite a sound buy so far, according to all the feedback.

The Indian Sales Manager said the bike show was the official launch, but you might just see the 2 pre-production bikes that have been touring the UK dealers for open nights.

I'm betting the'll take more orders at the NEC too, so I wouldn't hang about if you're serious about getting one for Spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts