Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's a long shot...but here we go anyway.

When your Indian was delivered to your dealership it was on a pallet.
Over this shipping crate/pallet was a plastic tarp with a huge Indian logo on the side of it.
Some guys scored theirs when they got the bike...not me.
I didn't know to ask, didn't even know about it at the time.

Sure, I might be able to get one from my dealership...maybe.
But I thought that before I asked them...I'd ask y'all.
Anyone have one they want to let go?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I don't have one, but thanks for the heads up. Now I know to ask for mine!

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to call my dealer here in a little while and see if I can't put dibbs in on one.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm going to call my dealer here in a little while and see if I can't put dibbs in on one.
Big Daddy, thanks to your initial posting, I knew enought to ask my dealer to save the shipping wrap for my bike and I was able to pick it up today when I picked up my Scout. It's pretty neat because the wrap not only contains the VIN but it also has the official date of production. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I'm very happy to have it. Thanks.
Did you ever manage to get one for yourself?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I requested my shipping shroud as well. Also not sure what I will do with it, but it's kind of a cool thing to have.

·
Rider
1,101 Posts
The salesman in Reno was making a nice lil wall hanging with the Indian logo as the centerpiece. I think he was asking $40 to $50 for one of them? Might look good in your man cave.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The salesman in Reno was making a nice lil wall hanging with the Indian logo as the centerpiece. I think he was asking $40 to $50 for one of them? Might look good in your man cave.
Yea Buzz at Reno, gave me mine, then said, if ya want it framed we do it for a hundred bucks, thanks but no thanks, have the wrapper though have not figured where to put it as it's quite large.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Daddy, thanks to your initial posting, I knew enought to ask my dealer to save the shipping wrap for my bike and I was able to pick it up today when I picked up my Scout. It's pretty neat because the wrap not only contains the VIN but it also has the official date of production. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I'm very happy to have it. Thanks.
Did you ever manage to get one for yourself?
I'm glad to hear that worked out for you!
I wasn't aware that they had all of that specific info on them....How Cool.
I haven't got my hands on one yet and I did miss the chance to get my bikes cover....After learning this, another cover would NOT be the same....oh well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The folks at Hattiesburg Cycles must have been reading the posts; they cut the Indian logo out of the shipping wrap from each bike and put it in the saddle/hard bags for the new owners. Nice touch, huh...?

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that is a nice touch.
Very thoughtful of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts