Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Just bought a left over new 19 Ruby Chieftain Limited for a screaming deal. Its being shipped and won't be here for about 10 more days. I currently own a stunning Sunset red Victory Jackpot Premium Ness Edition that I love for the last 13 yrs that I'm still keeping.. Wanted a better bike for the wife 2 up riding. I was wondering if I could see pics of your backrest and what the cost was and ease of installation. If you have a different seat combo feel free to chime in on that also.

·
Read Only
65 Posts
I do not have a pic of it on my 2018 Chieftain Limited; however, here is what I did regarding the 4 "bushings" that are required to keep the backrest tight when put in place...
Auto part Line art Suspension part Automotive window part

The directions say to remove the spools and possibly loosen the fender trim... I personally didn't like the idea of the black "bushings" showing when the sissy bar was not on the bike so I cut the spools (very thin plastic) and "snap" them over the spools when using the backrest so installation is about 60 seconds as opposed to removing the spools and loosening the fender trim, etc. per the directions below.....
Text Auto part Automotive window part

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome and nice color choice. If your wife is like mine she’ll want to be able to see something other than the back of your head. I ended up finding a seat off an ‘18 Chieftain right here on this forum that raised her up enough to satisfy and also got the sissy bar and backrest at the dealership (he happened to have in stock) at my 500 mile service. Can’t remember for sure but I’m thinking around $700 -$750? He didn’t charge extra for installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello to all. Just bought a left over new 19 Ruby Chieftain Limited for a screaming deal. Its being shipped and won't be here for about 10 more days. I currently own a stunning Sunset red Victory Jackpot Premium Ness Edition that I love for the last 13 yrs that I'm still keeping.. Wanted a better bike for the wife 2 up riding. I was wondering if I could see pics of your backrest and what the cost was and ease of installation. If you have a different seat combo feel free to chime in on that also.
i bought an aftermarket passenger back rest for $320 and it is easy to install. it has a quick release set up and you simply need to remove the plastic trim in between the saddle bags and rear fender. i only use it when my wife wants to ride. Quality is decent, even though it is not Indian brand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I
i bought an aftermarket passenger back rest for $320 and it is easy to install. it has a quick release set up and you simply need to remove the plastic trim in between the saddle bags and rear fender. i only use it when my wife wants to ride. Quality is decent, even though it is not Indian brand.
Brand and pics??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome and nice color choice. If your wife is like mine she’ll want to be able to see something other than the back of your head. I ended up finding a seat off an ‘18 Chieftain right here on this forum that raised her up enough to satisfy and also got the sissy bar and backrest at the dealership (he happened to have in stock) at my 500 mile service. Can’t remember for sure but I’m thinking around $700 -$750? He didn’t charge extra for installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have an Indian dealer opening Monday a few miles from my house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts