Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering upgrading my intake and exhaust. Would like to hear your thoughts on the best bang for the buck. I would like to stay under $1500.00 this includes a fuel management system.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello Bigskin. I just installed an Arlen Ness torque box air filter and a Dobeck ejk fuel controller (yesterday). I wasn't looking for performance gains as much as wanting to drop the engine temp. Scouts stock run lean. I took my Scout for a short ride after these additions and was very impressed. I thought it ran fine before but the overall performance increased substantially with the filter and ejk. I am running stock exhaust with one baffle removed. When I bought the Scout it had crushers on it but they were way to loud for me so I put the stock exhaust back on. I would like to put on Aeromach exhaust or possibly Indian stage 1 exhaust but not for $800.00. Hope this helps.

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
Here is all you need to do - All parts are "Top of the Line" - Results are at least 102hp at the rear wheel - total cost $936.41

We are going to Fuel Moto and you are adding a coupla things to your cart:

S&S Stealth Two Air cleaner + PV3 ( click the little "down arrow" to add the PV3 on the "Customize Your Item" panel) S&S Cycle - StealthTwo Air Cleaner Kit

Rhinehart slipons, choose your color, but here is my choice - Rinehart 3.5" Slip-On Exhaust for Indian Scout Chrome with Black End Caps

Install it all, Flash the Fuel Moto tune for your bike.
And seriously, if you nail wide open throttle from 4k rpm in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear, and plan on keeping it pinned to 8.3k rpm, you'd better be hanging on real tight !

Reactions: PE4CE and bofa

·
Rider
764 Posts
Considering upgrading my intake and exhaust. Would like to hear your thoughts on the best bang for the buck. I would like to stay under $1500.00 this includes a fuel management system.
Ay skin,, I got a 2019 scout icon. I did the pipes and high flow air, didn’t need the PV3. But,,, yeah, rineharts, OEM hi-flow Air box and K&N and of course,,, the flash card . That came with the airbox. Now it runs like a bad ass bat out a hell. Fast, super responsive, very quick on the on ramps , and no pop corn on deceleration. All that fast badass shit for under $800 bucks, including The shop flash, and intake install. Pipes and airbox + the K&N. When I do cams,,, I’ll get the PV3.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here is all you need to do - All parts are "Top of the Line" - Results are at least 102hp at the rear wheel - total cost $936.41

We are going to Fuel Moto and you are adding a coupla things to your cart:

S&S Stealth Two Air cleaner + PV3 ( click the little "down arrow" to add the PV3 on the "Customize Your Item" panel) S&S Cycle - StealthTwo Air Cleaner Kit

Rhinehart slipons, choose your color, but here is my choice - Rinehart 3.5" Slip-On Exhaust for Indian Scout Chrome with Black End Caps

Install it all, Flash the Fuel Moto tune for your bike.
And seriously, if you nail wide open throttle from 4k rpm in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear, and plan on keeping it pinned to 8.3k rpm, you'd better be hanging on real tight !
i would love to see the actual dyno chart proof of that 102hp ive yet to see dyno charts from any one claiming to break 100hp on a scout yet

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
Well, @duces, you are kinda new and this forum is a huge database - it is not surprising that you are not quite "caught up" ..
The knowledge and information you are missing is years old now. And the tunes have been improved since..

Just to check, I went back through the thread (by Fuel Moto) that created this knowledge, only to find that all of their dyno chart postings have dissappeared. NOT TO WORRY, I have the one you are looking for on the sticky, toward the bottom of the top post, here - Scout 60 - Get Scout 69 performance easy and quick.

The chart is also on the Fuel Moto website, as well as many others you might want to analyze - Dyno Charts - Fuel Moto University

But, just for the heck of it, I'll spoon feed ya - here is the chart you are looking for - an oldie but a goodie.

Reactions: PE4CE

·
Rider
764 Posts
i would love to see the actual dyno chart proof of that 102hp ive yet to see dyno charts from any one claiming to break 100hp on a scout yet
What’s the mater Duce,, don’t you think a lot of guy and girls have 100HP on their stage 1 scouts with a PV3,,. How bout 90 without the PV3. “That is old stuff“.. the 1300cc kit will really Get the HP curve peaking. I’m thinking it’ll be faster than the 117CU.

·
Registered
409 Posts
What’s the mater Duce,, don’t you think a lot of guy and girls have 100HP on their stage 1 scouts with a PV3,,. How bout 90 without the PV3. “That is old stuff“.. the 1300cc kit will really Get the HP curve peaking. I’m thinking it’ll be faster than the 117CU.
It’s more of a proof thing I’ve seen many people claim those numbers on the internet. It’s real easy to claim things but proving it is another. Not to mention most the charts I’ve seen the scouts were in the mid to high 90s breaking 100 usually seems to be a bit more elusive

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
It's all about where you "hang out" (physically and electronically).. Between the 10's of thousands of us here, and the industry "giants" that are our contributors, we pretty much have the "low down" on all things Indian, past and present.. Problem is that "getting at" all of the forum info on any one subject is a "research project"..

Unfortunately, I have some kind of genetic defect that compels me to mentally warehouse 111, and Scout, engine performance information (I own 2 111's and a Scout) ..So I can tell you that we've known how to make 100+ SAE RWHP from the Scout 69 since waaaay back when Trask built and tested the first "free flowing" Scout air cleaner ( fueled via PCV as PV3/PVCX were nonexistent)..

Reactions: duces

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts
As far as there seemingly being a preponderance of lesser performing Scouts, you have to know enough to know the exact "recipe" for the power levels you want - and execute the recipe without deviations.

Like with the 111's, you either install the correct mod combo, or you get substandard performance. IMO, it seems that "power left on the table" is usually due to a substandard tune, with improper exhaust components second - and a peep has to know enough about Indian tuning to know if his tune is substandard - or present the tune data in here..

Also, since it seems that many choose their exhaust based on emotion(s), they can forever limit the power levels obtainable when they choose poorly (from a performance standpoint)..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ay skin,, I got a 2019 scout icon. I did the pipes and high flow air, didn’t need the PV3. But,,, yeah, rineharts, OEM hi-flow Air box and K&N and of course,,, the flash card . That came with the airbox. Now it runs like a bad ass bat out a hell. Fast, super responsive, very quick on the on ramps , and no pop corn on deceleration. All that fast badass shit for under $800 bucks, including The shop flash, and intake install. Pipes and airbox + the K&N. When I do cams,,, I’ll get the PV3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up my bobber twenty on the 23 had the dealer add the pen high flow and the 2 into one exhaust love the sound and power but since I took delivery this way not sure how much it changes from stock. I typically change filters on all my vehicles from disposable to k&n drop ins not as much for the power as the fact that they are reusable. Just want to confirm will the standard scout k&n fit in the high flow box?

·
Registered
262 Posts
My vote is for the Trask air filter and the OEM Stage 1.

I had the dealer flash it after they installed the filter and pipes. Big difference. Performance and sound.

About 4k RPM on the highway, when you twist the throttle hard you WILL hear it. Then it'll set you back as it takes off.

Come spring I hope to do the FuelMoto flash.

Trask and Stage 1 were under a grand installed and flashed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts