Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My name is Bill, I'm looking for information from anyone who would like to chime in. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia and I have always wanted to own a Vintage Indian. My problem is there are no Indian dealers in Atlantic Canada at this time. The closes dealer is 500 miles away, 12 hours drive; my local Victory dealer is willing to do the basic warranty work, but if I encounter any major warranty work I will have to return the bike to Montreal. Here is where I need the advise of you Indian lovers out there. Is it worth it or am I just buying nothing but one big headache? This is something I have always dreamed about but it appears it will be at least another year maybe longer before a dealer will be in Atlantic Canada.

·
Founding Member
429 Posts
I bought my Indian Chief Vintage right after the intro at Sturgis. My bike didn't arrive until late October but I knew that being the first new model would require patience on my part. To date I'm very happy with my bike and haven't seen anything to worry about. The dealer did the first service at 500 miles and I plan on doing the rest myself. Getting accessories is slow and patience is really needed. I am willing to give Indian the benefit that they are putting a quality product on the street. Polaris is a good company and my past experience with my two Victories have shown them to be very reliable and so my Indian should be the same. Nothing in life is a sure thing except death and taxes. I have no regrets in my purchase and look forward to many years of ownership. Go for it Indian is a quality product.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bill, I ordered my Chieftain at the end of August after seeing the commercial on TV. I too did not have a local dealer and had to order my bike from Las Vegas NV (a huge mistake the dealer there is the worst I have ever dealt with). While waiting for my bike to arrive Barnett H-D opened a Indian dealership here in El Paso (2 miles from my house), by the way one of the best dealerships I have ever worked with. I have 1400 miles on my bike now and have had only one problem and it was minor, the
clutch switch was defective. Other than that the machine has been flawless, as far as the accessories go they were very slow going at first but now they all seem to be available with the exception of the luggage racks and the front bumpers. So say take the plunge with the rest of us you won't be disappointed, the Indian is a fantastic machine and has all the backing of Polaris. Polaris is a great company, I have owned a Victory Cross Country and still have 3 of their quads and love them all. Just like Ingle51 I have no regrets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hockeyray thanks for your feedback as well, I will make the trip to Montreal in April and jump in with both feet "Smiling"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts