Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to fulfill my bucket list with a trip to the Bad lands next spring.
What I'm looking for is a Package that includes Bike Rental (26 Hour Drive from NJ) and touring. If the packages include air package and hotel so be it.

Thank you all

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Hhmmm I don’t know If Sturgis Indian rents or not. Call them your only option close to the badlands. They are at exit 30 badlands at the 110 going eastbound from there. Hate to say it but Rapid city Harley probably rents. Also look into Eagle Rider they mite have a package deal for you to check out

·
Registered
109 Posts
I talked to a couple of young guys last year while in Hill City. They were on Indian and we got to talking. They had rented them in Sturgis the way I understood it. They liked the handling and the smooth ride but they liked their SG's better.

·
Founding member / distinguished
4,984 Posts
I just called Sturgis Indian for rental info, they transferred me to Eagle Rider in Sturgis (across the street from the dealership), and they rent Indians.

The said they have every model from Scouts up to Roadmasters. I had them give me a quote for a Springfield, and at any time other than during the rally, they are $177 per 24 hour day, including tax...of course higher during the Sturgis rally in August, but I didn't ask how much.

Their bikes can be picked up anytime from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and your 24 hours starts at your pickup time.

Black Hills Harley-Davidson in Rapid City also rents bikes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went about 230 miles south and bought my Chieftain in Sturgis, and live in the MT Badlands on the Yellowstone river just west of the ND border if you need some specific info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went about 230 miles south and bought my Chieftain in Sturgis, and live in the MT Badlands on the Yellowstone river just west of the ND border if you need some specific info.

I am from Idaho and I bought my Chieftain in Sturgis during the Camaro Rally in 2017. You might recognize the parking lot in my avatar. I grew up in North Dakota, and spent a lot of time in the badlands of Western North Dakota. Love that area. Moved to Idaho for the balmy Winters.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am from Idaho and I bought my Chieftain in Sturgis during the Camaro Rally in 2017. You might recognize the parking lot in my avatar. I grew up in North Dakota, and spent a lot of time in the badlands of Western North Dakota. Love that area. Moved to Idaho for the balmy Winters.
Dickson ND area is nice. Great pheasant hunting.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Theres also a couple of ride share for motorcycle programs. Kind of like Turo for motorcycles (you rent other people's bikes directly from them).

One's called Riders Share and the other is Twisted Road. They have search engines so you can see what might be available where you want to go.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hopefully you're going to see more than just the Badlands while you're there. Or maybe you already have but there's much more to see and do. Rushmore, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Highway, Custer State park (don't stop while riding through the buffalo herd) Spearfish Canyon, Devil's Tower, Vanocker Canyon and Nemo Road. Stop at the Bumpin' Buffalo in Hill City and Firehouse Brewery in Rapid. Have a great time!

·
Founding member / distinguished
4,984 Posts
@J Backlund well that was awful nice of you Mr Backlund !
Avatar looks like Sturgis Indian. We've bought two Indian 111's and a used Softail Deluxe from them in the past.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for the info
Does anyone know of any packages that include rental and hotel looking to go 2 weeks before Sturgis
And yes planning on seeing as much as possible

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Well if your at Wall SD at the edge of the Badlands at exit 110 On I-90 I’ll be there overnight July 10th on my way home from the west coast . I’ll be at Cactus Rose saloon that night I’m sure. Stop in I’ll buy ya one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When you go to the badlands try and do it earlier in the day, it can get really hot there if you are going in the heat of the summer. If you like caves make sure to check out Jewel cave, that is a good one to do in the heat of the summer. If you do though make sure you get your tickets ahead of time or you might not get in when you want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts