Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Might sound strange but I'm hoping someone will have the info I seek on this site.
I'm looking to register a Chief 2003 but is was never registered in Europe.
It needs a Certificate of Conformity and seeing that the Gilroy plant will not be able to help out since 2004 :-( I hope someone here might have one.
I need a bit on info that is on the CoC especially the EC number that is needed to register my bike here.
Without that I won't be able to get a license so I'm really hoping someone has an original CoC that came with the bike that has the info I seek on it or someone in Europe that has the EC number.
Sorry for such a strange request but this is my last hope before turning to Polaris (as they might not be very helpful on Gilroy bikes).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to register on the forum site but it looks like it's has errors on the page. It asks for the security code displayed but you don't see any.

·
Rider
910 Posts
I tried to register on the forum site but it looks like it's has errors on the page. It asks for the security code displayed but you don't see any.
Click on the image of the girl on the bike. That will take you to the access page, at the bottom of the page is a contact link for site support.
Send them a message...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just did ... apparently the site is no longer maintained ... the email comes back as undeliverable :-( Grrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be awesome. I've been trying to get in touch with other Gilroy riders as they're only a few left and still riding.

·
Silver member
4,834 Posts
Contact Hollister Powersports and ask for Rey Sotelo. He was the President of Gilroy Indian until he was forced out toward the end. He owns that shop. He might be able to pull off your miracle...

831-630-5200

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent a message to one of the super admin guys on that site. His name on there is Maldev. Hopefully he will get in touch with you.
Contact Hollister Powersports and ask for Rey Sotelo. He was the President of Gilroy Indian until he was forced out toward the end. He owns that shop. He might be able to pull off your miracle...

831-630-5200

I'll give him a call end of next week then ... Thanks ! Really appreciate it.
Looking forward to try to join the forum as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Found a Gilroy Era on Ebay for sale in the UK. Presumably, it has the necessary paperwork to get plates in the UK. I would imagine the certification paper(s) you need are not vehicle specific (by VIN ect.) but rather a manufacturers statement that production meets UK standards.
Might be worth the time and the dime to get in contact with him and see if he would be willing to let you photostat the documents.
You would know better than I, if this would solve your problem.
Good Luck

2000 Indian Chief , S&S Gilroy bike, 16k, Excellent Condition | eBay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately this is a S&S ... I need it for a PP engine ... I tried a few owners but no success so far.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Click on the image of the girl on the bike. That will take you to the access page, at the bottom of the page is a contact link for site support.
Send them a message...
It is pretty much a dead site. I tried to set up an account a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Unfortunately this is a S&S ... I need it for a PP engine ... I tried a few owners but no success so far.
Have you tried Guy Auyeung? He was with Gilory Indian and currently is THE SOURCE for Gilroy parts. And, some King's Mountain stuff too.
Here is his Facebook page.

Guy Auyeung

1 - 14 of 14 Posts