Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rider
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer in Lexington, KY seems fine, I have no problems with them. But distance is about 68 miles from home. The Dealer in Clarksville, IN is actually a little closer but more irritating drive for the distance.

So, does anyone know/have experience with a shop in Louisville or Elizabethtown areas that does good work on Indians? I don't have a way to trailer my bike.

My Scout 60 is due for a 20K valve clearance check. I also have a "whine" at certain speeds that I want diagnosed.

·
Rider
1,024 Posts
Why not just ride the bike to whichever shop you want then find something in the area to do??? I've never had an issue with Clarksville. Exactly how close do you need to be to a shop?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I do when it's something that can be done while I wait. Which is work so far. But I need to get the 20,000 mile valve check done and the bike has to be cold for that. So obviously they have to wait overnight before they can do it.
I have a Honda dealer with a good mechanic right here in my town, but the service manager won't do anything but basic stuff like Tire changes and brakes and things like that on the Indian. And because they're one of the few full service shops open they're taking appointments for service two months out right now because they're so darn busy

·
Registered
81 Posts
FWIW, it's easy for me to justify having my bikes serviced by certified techs at an Indian dealership - I appreciate knowing that someone that specifically knows Indian bikes is working on them (and leaves my warranty intact). That 20k service on your scout to include a valve clearance check isnt a typical inspection and basic oil change - I'd put forth the extra time, expense and effort to get it to an Indian dealer even if outside the warranty period - but that's just me.

I bought my Roadmaster from Clarksville. I really like the Clarksville dealership - very nice people. If I didn't have such good service from Flat Out here in Indianapolis and were closer to Clarksville, I would take my bikes there.

I networked with alot of Indian owners by being involved in my local Circle City IMRG group. If I needed help dropping my bike off, I'd have 2 or 3 guys with trailers offer to help me get it there at the drop of a hat. My point - get involved with your local IMRG!

Otherwise, you could always rent a motorcycle trailer from UHaul for cheap yourself, or do like Thelastbill suggested, get it there by appt early and explore all there is to see in Clarksville.

In any case, good luck to you and hope you get back to riding your Scout soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts