Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a front fairing on my custom Indian Chief classic. It has Bluetooth stereo that sounds awesome. Painted it the same color as bike inside and out.

I’m now looking for ideas to airbrush onto the fairing. It has to be subtle and must follow the current artwork on my bike...Maybe something like an Indian Chief headdress would look good.

Here are pictures of the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was considering some work on my bags so I gathered up some things as ideas. I was going to do in a monochromatic very subtle on my black RM but it was just too costly for me. Here are some images that kind of had that whole "Indian" feel to me. I had this image of a dark night with silhouette of trees and a starry night with a wolf howling at the moon, off on one side would be a weathered wooden cross with a leather motorcycle jacket hanging on one of the arms of the cross as a tribute to my Dad who was killed while riding. I just couldn't absorb the cost I was being quoted to do the work.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd probably go with a black two-tone like the fenders on the sides, and then across the front maybe a long line of either bison or a large war party on horseback stretching back to the horizon

·
Rider
386 Posts
Just my opinion but perhaps food for thought. You have a large Indian headdress on your tank. You also have some custom artwork going on, on your bags. By placing more stuff on the fairing there could be a concern for overkill, but again just an opinion......
Make the bike your own.

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
Just my opinion but perhaps food for thought. You have a large Indian headdress on your tank. You also have some custom artwork going on, on your bags. By placing more stuff on the fairing there could be a concern for overkill, but again just an opinion......
Make the bike your own.
I sorta agree with this
Too much might be too much
Maybe some subtle graphics might make it flow?
Here’s some of my wife’s bike. Not sure it would work with yours exactly but another direction to explore

C7A264A1-6055-4F47-8832-0E325EDECE2E.jpeg

AE66E538-3768-4D41-8F71-AFC14BFE56B1.jpeg

6F335A39-ABF6-4BAA-892A-E3C74C348939.jpeg

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I just finished installing a front fairing on my custom Indian Chief classic. It has Bluetooth stereo that sounds awesome. Painted it the same color as bike inside and out.

I’m now looking for ideas to airbrush onto the fairing. It has to be subtle and must follow the current artwork on my bike...Maybe something like an Indian Chief headdress would look good.

I agree with @Gypsy65, some tasteful pinstriping that won't overwhelm the gorgeous tank might be best. As I think Thomas Jefferson said: "customizing a motorcycle is like drinking cheap tequila; you got to know when to stop."

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I had show car that I had air brushed in the mummy theme with 24 carrot gold leaf ,it was painted all over including the roof that no one seen and inside the doors jams etc to make sure it all flowed . I was the only one in the top 5 show cars that drove my car to every show on the east coast of Australia and came in the top 3 at one stage. All the rest were trailer queens. I think if your going to do any art work you need to think what works for you with the theme as well then do it so it flows from start to finish. Once your done that flowcoat it to get the depth in the clear coat to have it as if your looking through glass, without any edges on the air brushing.

·
Rider
897 Posts
Love this.... i have been thinking about doing something on my bike and am thankful to see what others are doing

·
Rider
1,290 Posts

very nice bike

·
Rider
1,290 Posts
I was considering some work on my bags so I gathered up some things as ideas. I was going to do in a monochromatic very subtle on my black RM but it was just too costly for me. Here are some images that kind of had that whole "Indian" feel to me. I had this image of a dark night with silhouette of trees and a starry night with a wolf howling at the moon, off on one side would be a weathered wooden cross with a leather motorcycle jacket hanging on one of the arms of the cross as a tribute to my Dad who was killed while riding. I just couldn't absorb the cost I was being quoted to do the work.
nice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts