Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you more knowledgeable tribe members know if a heated Roadmaster seat will fit on a Springfield? I'm having heated grips installed but have an opportunity to pick up a heated seat, at a VERY reasonable price. All input is welcome. Since the dealership will be doing the wiring harness, wouldn't hurt to have them set it up for a heated seat also.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I installed the Touring Seat from the accessory catalog, which is basically a Roadmaster seat made to fit with the backrest on a Springfield. The wiring harness was already there, plug and play, you could install the seat yourself it was that easy. My Springfield is a 2018.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, good to know. I'm wondering how my backrest is going to fit, should I buy the Roadmaster seat.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Thank you, good to know. I'm wondering how my backrest is going to fit, should I buy the Roadmaster seat.
If you have the Indian rider backrest. It is the same backrest for the Roadmaster and you should not run into any issues. Just as long as the new seat isn't reduce reach or extended reach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooops, my bad. I meant how my passenger backrest will fit. It is my understanding that the Roadmaster passenger seat is wider than my Springfield.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Yes. you will run into some fitment issues for sure then.

If memory serves right. You might still be able to use the passenger back rest with the RM seat. I believe you need to have the back rest installed first and then install the seat. The passenger portion of the seat might be cramped but I think you can still secure it down with the rear bolt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. you will run into some fitment issues for sure then.

If memory serves right. You might still be able to use the passenger back rest with the RM seat. I believe you need to have the back rest installed first and then install the seat. The passenger portion of the seat might be cramped but I think you can still secure it down with the rear bolt.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate it.
If you're close enough to a dealership. I would roll over there and have them pull both items from their accessory stock pile and do a fitment check before buying from them or elsewhere just to confirm. Call in advanced and make sure they have both items in stock. I'd advise you to take your own wrench to remove the seat so you don't need to bother a tech for his.

I have done things like this plenty of times for my customers. So it shouldn't be an issue for you.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I put a RM seat I got from a forum member on my Vintage with no problems. The drivers back rest on the original Vintage seat fit fine and the passenger back rest is a little tight but doable . Springfield should be the same I believe.

·
Rider
777 Posts
I believe a 2017 or newer stock Roadmaster seat has the base width reduced to allow for the backrest. The accessory 2882563-02 can accommodate it as well. The heated option is great, and the seat is much more comfortable for the rider and the passenger than the stock. With this seat, you can easily install or remove the backrest without removing or loosening the rear pillion bolt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put a heated road master extended reach seat on my 2018 Springfield without issue. The passenger backrest easily installed or removed.

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
Will a heated Roadmaster seat fit on a Springfield?” might be a far more effective thread title..... Just a thought! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts