Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have their stock baffles/screws they removed they would be willing to ship over? Happy to pay shipping...

·
Registered
224 Posts
How do you remove the Akro baffles? I saw a video on youtube but he drilled 12mm holes in the exhaust which I didn't want to do.

Thanks!

·
Read Only
636 Posts
The Akrapovic mufflers have the end cap installed 60 degrees out of 'sinc' with the location where the retaining screw is for the baffles. Reason for this was the Euro non-tampering regulations. Only two options for removing the baffles: Drill a new hole in the cap to gain access or drill all the rivets out retaining the cap and re-install/rivet the cap back on. IMHO it's easier to just drill a new hole for access to the retaining screw and install a new hole rubber plug.
Click on photo to enlarge to see how it looks on the muffler end caps.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks! The youtube video is pretty good at explaining it. I was just reluctant to drill the 12mm hole.

I repack my motocross bike mufflers and there I just drill the rivets, repack, then re-rivet.

Decisions, Decisions!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks! The youtube video is pretty good at explaining it. I was just reluctant to drill the 12mm hole.

I repack my motocross bike mufflers and there I just drill the rivets, repack, then re-rivet.

Decisions, Decisions!

Did this tonight without trouble. Now I just need to find Akrapovic plugs somewhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone tried to make modifications on the baffles to get a louder sound, still below the baffles-free configuration ?
Or, would different baffles models exist ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anyone tried to make modifications on the baffles to get a louder sound, still below the baffles-free configuration ?
Or, would different baffles models exist ?
There is not much to modify really. they are necked down tubes with some air chutes to slow down the velocity of the exhaust. That is about the long and short of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts