Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a solution to a,specific problem. When I ride my Challenger, I like playing music. Right now I bluetooth my phone to my to my bike and have to hit play every time I stop and start the bike. I cant stand listening to FM radio. I have XM for truck and had it on a HD in the past. I have thought about getting a IPod or Mp3 player, but i would think that would require a restart when i cut the power as well. What can you all suggest? It doesnt matter if i plug the phone into the USB port, it still pauses the music when i shut off the ignition. If i leave the power on i will drain the battery on the bike with the engine off, so i am always the last to leave when gassing up, and powering up the Ride Command, then turning the music on and putting the phone away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi...
If you have your phone paired to the bike, try pushing the volume control on the bike... push to pause and push to play.
Let me know if this works...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,115 Posts
I never have to push play on my android phone. There should be a setting somewhere on your phone to make it start playing automatically when paired to bluetooth device. Depending on your phone type....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pretty new to the technology on my Challenger, but I do have my phone bluetooth connected and run Pandora for my music. (I CAN'T STAND THE RADIO EITHER)
When I power down the bike, then power back up, my music starts playing immediately if I didn't push to pause.
What music platform are you using?
Pandora, Spotify, other......

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am looking for a solution to a,specific problem. When I ride my Challenger, I like playing music. Right now I bluetooth my phone to my to my bike and have to hit play every time I stop and start the bike. I cant stand listening to FM radio. I have XM for truck and had it on a HD in the past. I have thought about getting a IPod or Mp3 player, but i would think that would require a restart when i cut the power as well. What can you all suggest? It doesnt matter if i plug the phone into the USB port, it still pauses the music when i shut off the ignition. If i leave the power on i will drain the battery on the bike with the engine off, so i am always the last to leave when gassing up, and powering up the Ride Command, then turning the music on and putting the phone away.
I too have to hit play when cycling power to the bike but not on my phone. I just go to music section on ride command and hit play button there. Very easy and simple. I have iPhone Bluetooth paired to ride command.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty new to the technology on my Challenger, but I do have my phone bluetooth connected and run Pandora for my music. (I CAN'T STAND THE RADIO EITHER)
When I power down the bike, then power back up, my music starts playing immediately if I didn't push to pause.
What music platform are you using?
Pandora, Spotify, other......
I have Napster on my Galaxy. The phone actually goes to pause when I turn off the ignition. The screen on the Ride command won't turn the music on. The volume control works but I have to hit the play arrow on the phone every time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have Napster on my Galaxy. The phone actually goes to pause when I turn off the ignition. The screen on the Ride command won't turn the music on. The volume control works but I have to hit the play arrow on the phone every time.
That's strange!.....🤔
I'm on an android too.
Get the Pandora App and see if it does the same thing. That could show it's a Napster issue

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had pandora on my iphone X and it just had channels not playlists. The iphone had playlists that were part of itunes.i switched to the Galaxy because my iphone was being hacked and both Apple and Verizon couldn't do anything about it, so I turned it in and got a Galaxy. Has Pandora changed? Or is there any other options that dont need to go through my phone.

·
German Rider
1,860 Posts
Put the music on an USB stick, plug it into the USB port on the bike and done. Starts automatically, etc.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had pandora on my iphone X and it just had channels not playlists. The iphone had playlists that were part of itunes.i switched to the Galaxy because my iphone was being hacked and both Apple and Verizon couldn't do anything about it, so I turned it in and got a Galaxy. Has Pandora changed? Or is there any other options that dont need to go through my phone.
Playlists can be created in Pandora Premium $9.99/month

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm with Demolition Man on this.

I have the same issues with my i-phone using blue-tooth connection that you are experiencing.
Depending on how long the bike is off, I will often have to restart everything after ride command restarts.
Not to mention if a call or message comes in and I again have to reset the blue tooth on the phone.
Really a pain if phone not mounted on the handlebars or especially when wearing heavier gloves for weather.

BUT, I am really liking the flash drive.
Using a You-tube to MP3 converter I am now able to legally download any music video.
No longer dependent on the limited selection available from a service's channel or play list.
No longer have to have the phone mounted on the handlebars.
And best of all -- it's FREE!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a Galaxy S10+ and no have no issues playing, pausing music with the volume switch no matter what format I use. I play the downloaded music, Sirius app and Amazon music. Usually it plays automatically after I restart, if it doesn't I push the volume switch in and it plays every time.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,472 Posts
I've got a Pixel 2 and as soon as the bike powers on, it starts playing right where it left off. I use Amazon music most of the time.

Reactions: BaggerJay

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
I have a Galaxy S7. It works most of the time for Pandora, Amazon, Audible. However, it will revert to whatever app was last used. Audible is picky. But, most apps will work using the RC touch screen.

AND, I have about 1200 tunes loaded on a USB stick, along with a library of GPX routes, that just stays on the bike.

Reactions: HyeHog
1 - 14 of 14 Posts