Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Guy did not have any. There is a manufacturer that makes them but are out of stock. I texted them and they said they have some that are made but not plated yet. I have the link on my desktop, if more people add to the "email when available" list, they might prioritize these and keep them in stock. I'll post it when I get back home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They just came in January 24th to my house and are pretty kickass. I am happy with the fit and finish of the chrome. The weld splatter at the intersection of the bars and mounting base is really not that noticeable once installed. I had to drill out the middle mounting hole on the bars to 3/8" from 5/16" to use the existing chromed shouldered Torx bolts. I ended up getting some longer 5/16-18 stainless hex bolts at the bottom mounting holes, because the existing bolts ended up being too short to use on my bike. There is a hole drilled on the mount at the top of the rear travel bars that does not have a hole that exists on the bike, so no bolt is there. It is covered by the fringe from my seat, so it's not a big deal anyway.

The MotoGateway site changed the purchase option from "out of stock" to "build it, ships 4-6 weeks". I would realistically allow for more time for chroming. This stuff is out of their hands as the chromers are contractors. It took from 11/13/17, fabbed and delivered to the chrome platers, then I got them at my house on 1/24/18. 8 weeks for chroming in California might be rushing things.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well this is a bunch of bull$#!+... Moto Gateway apparently is not making these anymore due to the Covid lockdowns last year. I doubt that it's a copout like many other Covid policies from large corporations that lower services to drive profits. This seems to be a small business that needs revenue to stay afloat. Any other suppliers out there that make these? I might buy a few bars as spares for my '99 Chief.

Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

1 - 18 of 18 Posts