Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for 18” apes. I’ve installed apes on my last 4 HD’s. The last being my 15’ Roadglide. My question....does Indian have a special cut on the bars for the throttle by wire. Can I use H-D bars? I’ve never taken my throttle side grip off to see what’s there . If I have to use Indian specific bars, who has 18”

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im looking for 18” apes. I’ve installed apes on my last 4 HD’s. The last being my 15’ Roadglide. My question....does Indian have a special cut on the bars for the throttle by wire. Can I use H-D bars? I’ve never taken my throttle side grip off to see what’s there . If I have to use Indian specific bars, who has 18”
Dean speed Customs can make you some

·
Registered
156 Posts
...My question....does Indian have a special cut on the bars for the throttle by wire. Can I use H-D bars? I’ve never taken my throttle side grip off to see what’s there...
You'll likely have to determine that on your own - I spent literally months contacting every online vendor I could find, trying to find out if the throttle cutouts were the same between HD & Indian bars & not a single vendor would confirm/deny this. Obviously, if they're the same, the Indian bar dealers would be SOL because everyone would just buy the HD models.

Please post back if you get confirmation either way on whether they're the same or different!

·
Registered
530 Posts
You'll likely have to determine that on your own - I spent literally months contacting every online vendor I could find, trying to find out if the throttle cutouts were the same between HD & Indian bars & not a single vendor would confirm/deny this. Obviously, if they're the same, the Indian bar dealers would be SOL because everyone would just buy the HD models.

Please post back if you get confirmation either way on whether they're the same or different!
The cutouts are different from harley. Contact kst kustoms out of Georgia they will have something

·
Registered
156 Posts
The cutouts are different from harley. Contact kst kustoms out of Georgia they will have something
Cool, thanks for letting us know - I decided to go with the 16" apes from Indian so I won't need this, but I'm glad I'll be able to let others know, should the question come up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input. Maybe I’ll just go for the 16. Being 6’7” just thinking I may be disappointed. They say that no one has ever said ...boy I wish I ordered shorter apes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent a message to KST Kustoms requesting 18" Will post reply once I receive word back from them

·
Registered
9 Posts
A little late in the reply but I just found the post. Take a a look here:
https://www.pacificcoastcruisers.com/motorcycle-ape-hanger_1-1-4-carlini.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts