Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cantle Bag OL Time Design Resembles The Old Bed Rolls Distressed Leather New | eBay

I've actually had a couple of people remark that my Vintage has a saddle.
I think it is the tan leather. People are used to seeing a black motorcycle seat.
The tan seat does sort of look like a saddle.....no?

Anyway, that got me thinking back on the small rolls behind the saddle...I couldn't remember what they were called....Cantle Bags.

I haven't gotten around to calling this outfit yet...but suppose I could get this thing in distressed tan?
It would be perfect to tie onto the solo seat rail and rest on the solo fender rack.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Cantle Bag OL Time Design Resembles The Old Bed Rolls Distressed Leather New | eBay

I think it is the tan leather. People are used to seeing a black motorcycle seat.

Anyway, that got me thinking back on the small rolls behind the saddle...I couldn't remember what they were called....Cantle Bags.

I haven't gotten around to calling this outfit yet...but suppose I could get this thing in distressed tan?
It would be perfect to tie onto the solo seat rail and rest on the solo fender rack.

What do you think?
Yes it would look like it was made for it tied on the back & if you get inspired to do it can you post a photo thanks mate

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I think it would be a neat addition to the bike.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a bad idea, wonder how much it would hold.
It appears that the de-stressed tan may be a close match.
Probably not a whole lot.
If I read the description correctly it is 15 inches long and 4 inches in diameter.
Not much more carrying capacity than a windshield pouch

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
If I read the description correctly it is 15 inches long and 4 inches in diameter.
It would be better than the windshield bag, because I could still see all the nice chrome in front of me. Just a tad bigger & it would be more usefull

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
BD, I reckon you could squeeze a set of Frog-Togs in there or a pretty good tool roll. It'd look cool anyway.
--- Randall

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BD, I reckon you could squeeze a set of Frog-Togs in there or a pretty good tool roll. It'd look cool anyway.
--- Randall
That's what I'm thinkin.
It would play into the style of the bike really well.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's great to learn about these old leather items. I remember all the old westerns on TV with those roll bags behind the saddle. They must still make them for real cowboys! I still have old Redbone vinyl albums from way back. You must have unusual taste also. You might even be the shiek of arabee.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think it would look great. I did something similar with my Road King. Doesn't hold very much but every bit of storage space is helpful on a bike.
P8010078.JPG

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's great to learn about these old leather items. I remember all the old westerns on TV with those roll bags behind the saddle. They must still make them for real cowboys! I still have old Redbone vinyl albums from way back. You must have unusual taste also. You might even be the shiek of arabee.
Yeah you rite....here is my favorite cut done New Orleans style.
That is a very popular song here. It is always done in classic call and response style where the audience sings "with no pants on" at the end of every verse. We have a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, this cut features the great Jack Teagarden, one of my favorite trombone players of all times.
Enjoy!

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it would look great. I did something similar with my Road King. Doesn't hold very much but every bit of storage space is helpful on a bike. View attachment 4107
I don't care if that is a Harley, it's still beautiful. lol
That's exactly the kind of convenience that I'm looking for.
I haven't got around to mounting my hand tooled Mexican purse to my windshield yet and the saddlebags are a little cumbersome for quick items like at a fuel stop.

·
Rider
462 Posts

What do you think?
Big Daddy, check out this website Harley repair and service - My Garage Ventura - Tri-County Motor Worx
Go to products and click on Blanket Bags

·
Registered
435 Posts
Because of the size I recomanded this item for the Scout owners a few days ago. It is a beauty.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because of the size I recomanded this item for the Scout owners a few days ago. It is a beauty.
It sure is.
Just a little thinking outside the box and you can come up with all sorts of neat things.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Looks like it would be a good accessory and possibly provide back support for the driver! Little larger and could tie into the same port for the drivers seat

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check your local leather shop and they may be able to come up with something that does all you want. Maybe one that opens from the end with a waterproof cylinder?
Good idea.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts