Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bought this battery for my Dark Horse a while back. I ordered it directly from the factory because they gave me the best price. Before they shipped it they test it and send the test results with the battery.
Now for my longterm report. This battery has never let me down, and it has never seen the trickle charger. I have had to have a couple of emergency operations to remove my gallbladder and accompanying complications. In the weeks that have followed my baby was not started. I had the itch, on a good day, to crank her up. She did not hesitate to light up and purr. I had to go to the Walgreens to pick up some medicine. One mile there and one mile back... what's the harm? My wife was still at work. She'll never know! I backed her out of the garage, donned my helmet, and off I went. Best feeling I had felt for weeks. Parked the bike at Walgreens, put on my COVID-19/Indian Motorcycle bandana, and went in and got my prescription.
Got back out, and my baby fired up instantly. I'm not sure how my wife found out how I had rode my bike, but she knew! She gave me a lecture that was more stern than a hellfire preacher. I know I shouldn't have taken the risk.
Anyways, I digress. The Wicked Start battery is worth every dime of the premium price I paid. You won't regret spending the extra coin when you're in the market for a new battery.
They offer 2 options for the Chiefs. I opted for the heavier duty one.
That's it! Have a great day, and safe riding! Hope to be back out there soon!!!
Just an update on my health...
I've had to self-isolate for a total of 8 weeks after my gallbladder surgery. I have 5 more weeks to go. The doctor has cleared me to ride, when I feel ready. I will need one more operation to remove a stint that was installed in the first set of operations. In the meantime, I am hoping to feel much stronger to ride again very soon!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just an update on my health...
I've had to self-isolate for a total of 8 weeks after my gallbladder surgery. I have 5 more weeks to go. The doctor has cleared me to ride, when I feel ready. I will need one more operation to remove a stint that was installed in the first set of operations. In the meantime, I am hoping to feel much stronger to ride again very soon!!!
Good to see you Chief, was wondering where you were. Hope your healing process goes quickly and thoroughly. Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm with you... I've kept my bikes on a tender (Battery Tender Jr.) all the time... plug it in after every ride... leave it in the bike over winter... my batteries last 5-6 years on average... we'll see how this Chieftain one lasts I guess..
I plug my charger in whenever I think that my Springfield won't be ridden for a while and for the whole winter(some temps below -20 below). So far so good.

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
I chose to use the Yuasa battery, made in the USA.!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I run a wicked start, no issues since March, no trickle charges yet, maybe as winter gets here.

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
Here's an update on my health.I never felt better!!! (y):);) But the wife is ALWAYS thinking "OTHERWISE",hoping for the worst,I mean, the best,of course!! lol lol And if ya believe that,then I got a bridge I wanna sell ya!! lol lol lol Dave!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Happy with the lithium Anti gravity battery I installed after dramas with other batteries. Put it in and leave it never a problem, no tender, no charging, 5 year warranty and just hassle free. Has the jump start feature as well which I have never had to use even after extended periods of being idle. Cheers.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts