Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I still haven't picked up a new Chieftain...yet. I am selling my RoadGlide to assist with the new purchase. Just curious, what has been your longest road trip so far? Most miles in a day? Happy with the seat?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd say about 150 miles. Bike rides well, was well worth the "unapproved purchase". No huge trips planned as mother nature is letting us know winter is not quite over. Below freezing temps, and snow in the forecast for this week. We'll get there, its like waiting for accessories for the Indian.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, I still haven't picked up a new Chieftain...yet. I am selling my RoadGlide to assist with the new purchase. Just curious, what has been your longest road trip so far? Most miles in a day? Happy with the seat?
dm, I rode my chief'tan 10 days home from the dealer over 3k smiles. Nebraska to Indy to Virginia, blue ridge, NC to TN, Natchez trace to MS to Texas. She ran like a dream. The last two days were bak to bak 700s. run outa day lite, it don't like riding at nite. Had to put her up for the nite and do it agin in the mornin. poncho

·
Registered
72 Posts
Turned over 2100 miles yesterday. It was a 358 mile ride and I am here to tell ya, the seats suck. I have been riding a Mustang set for the past 6 years and my butt is crying for Mustang, wife also. About 50 miles has been it, got to get off and rest the butt....not what I am used to. Going to try out the Air Hawk seat pad....Mustang hasn't released their seat for the new Indian as of yet, but they will soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd say about 150 miles. Bike rides well, was well worth the "unapproved purchase".
I got a laugh out of the "unapproved purchase" quote. I have been looking at the new Chieftan very longingly, and very fortunately my wife is supportive. I am still enjoying my Vic XR for now, but I hope to make an "approved purchase" in the not-too-distant future. :)

...MDHawk

·
Early Joiner
41 Posts
Wife and I rode about 150 miles this past Sunday up into northern Mass. After riding for years on real saddles on living, breathing horses, we have absolutely no complaints with the stock Indian seats. Like sitting on a cloud. Love the bike. Robert

·
Registered
156 Posts
Picked up Chieftain in Little Rock Arkansas and rode home to Tulsa OK. Spent a couple of days to knock out the 500 miles oil change. Rode 1500 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt. Sweet, comfortable ride. Best bike I've owned in 47 years of riding.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Best ride in 47 years of biking

Picked up Chieftain in Little Rock Arkansas and rode home to Tulsa OK. Spent a couple of days to knock out the 500 miles oil change. Rode 1500 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt. Sweet, comfortable ride. Best bike I've owned in 47 years of riding.

·
Founding member
1,164 Posts
I just finished a 2.5 day 1250 mile trip. She road like a dream the entire trip. Had a few chances to really open it up and certainly was impressed with the response. I can see how some would not be overly impressed with the throttle response, but I actually like the response the way it is, just my opinion.
Riding through Kansas, Mizzu, and Iowa is almost always windy, but this weekend was even more than most. We even went through a fairly good sized storm with some hail and she held her own and got me safely to a rest stop to wait it out. I now know that I need to get the short Windscreen though, too short to see over the Standard without sitting straight up, even when lowered... haha
Anyway, had a great trip and as is becoming the norm, drove my buddies nuts when they had to wait at the fuel stops because people wanted to look/touch/talk all Indian! lol
Peace,
Lucky

·
Registered
130 Posts
To finally get a backrest for the wife, I had to go to Bairs Indian in ohio. Its was 250 miles away from me. So it was about a 12 hour day including lunch and getting the bike serviced. But put over 500 miles in one day and the wife was happy when I got home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the middle of a 2000 mile excursion on my Chieftain....Key West to Vermont. Now in Asheville and it has been a great ride on a great bike! Wish my passenger backrest/sissy bar had arrived in time for the trip but bungies seem to be holding my pack on the seat. Up the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got to Vermont after 2312 miles and absolutely no problems with the Chieftain! What a fun ride and I managed to miss all the rain, too! Love this bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
5000 miles in 15 days, no seat issues, no anything issues. We covered 9 states and 2 provinces from Alberta to California... We were as high as 6500 ft and as low as sea level and even survived an earthquake lol

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts
I've had to the chance to do only a couple of extended rides so far...
500 mile service required a 180 mile trip each way to the dealer in Mississippi, then I made a 350 mile trip each way to Dublin, Ga to see family. Looking for more long trips in the future!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had to the chance to do only a couple of extended rides so far...
500 mile service required a 180 mile trip each way to the dealer in Mississippi, then I made a 350 mile trip each way to Dublin, Ga to see family. Looking for more long trips in the future!
Dan,

Didn't you say there was a new Indian dealership in Pensacola? Just curious, but why didn't you take it to them? (I guess going to MS for service is as good of an excuse as any to get out :) )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts