Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to working a deal on a 2019 Bike with the 111 (the dealers are discounting these heavily) I'm just wondering if it's worth paying the extra $ for the 2020 version.

On the stock 116 how is the heat?, MPG?, and long term opinion of these? I think they released them this past October.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mike I had a 17 with full stage 2 fit, loved it and went like a train. Sounded great and was good on fuel. Average about 42mpg depending on how I rode it. Did 22000 miles and no real,problems. Just changed to a 2020 116 and love it even more. It’s different in some ways but it goes like stink and the ride modes are really good. Compared to my old bike better on acceleration, very agile on the sport mode and sounds great. Compared to a stock 111, night and day better and about the same as a stage 2 111 but a head above I would say. To early to say on economy as on done 600 miles in 3 weeks but about 38 mpg. Ride Command screens were better on the old system but new one is ok

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mike I had a 17 with full stage 2 fit, loved it and went like a train. Sounded great and was good on fuel. Average about 42mpg depending on how I rode it. Did 22000 miles and no real,problems. Just changed to a 2020 116 and love it even more. It’s different in some ways but it goes like stink and the ride modes are really good. Compared to my old bike better on acceleration, very agile on the sport mode and sounds great. Compared to a stock 111, night and day better and about the same as a stage 2 111 but a head above I would say. To early to say on economy as on done 600 miles in 3 weeks but about 38 mpg. Ride Command screens were better on the old system but new one is ok
Thank you for this answer...I have been wondering the same thing, but wanted input from someone who has ridden it. I appreciate you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
See if the dealer will throw in a 116 bbk as part of the deal. I got that on my 18 RM a year ago. No comparison between the 111 stock ( which is already good) and the 116 bbk. To me heat seems the same, the seat of the pants dyno says a big increase when the throttle is turned and more smiles. Sorry no idea on difference in mpg as I personally dont care about that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts