Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was convinced I wanted to buy an Indian Challenger. Went to the dealership with my wife, only thing I didn't know was the color. Took her on a test ride.... I loved the bike, she hated it because she felt like her knees were up around her ears as the passenger. She is 5' 10". We ultimately left and went to Harley and bought a Roadglide Limited. The Harley doesn't ride nearly as well and is comparably underpowered even with a stage 2 and cam.

Anyone know if Indian has resolved this on the Challenger, or is it limited to short passengers? On the Harley we lowered the rear floorboards to the bottom, moved the trunk back a few inches with a kit and it fits way better.

Just curious because I still like the Indian.

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Indian passenger mount is adjustable, and there are trunk relocation aftermarket kits.
The above has been available for a few years.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Bronze member
1,692 Posts
As of now, the Challenger does not have adjustable pegs for the passenger. The RM has adjustable floorboards for the passenger nd trunk relo kits like you described for your HD.

I had a similar problem many years ago with a long-legged passenger (5'11") and my Victory Cross Country. I found a local guy that could cut the floorboard mounts, remove about 2" of material and weld them back up. Had them powdercoated and it's all good. THe rear pegs on the challenger could get the same treatment if you really wanted to go that route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts