Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I was browsing around and came across a product that looks interesting and wondered if anyone has tried it or thought about it. It's from eGlideGoodies: Upper Fairing Glove Box Door Lock Kit It's a kit that allows you to drill a hole and lock your fairing pockets. There's little detail on the site beside what I've put below. (I'm not affliated in any way just found a product that could be useful and wanted to share.)

From the site:
GL-3I: Add security to your Indian Challenger's upper fairing glove boxes by incorporating flat key locks. The GL-3I Kit comes complete with two chrome flat key locks with cams, latches, mounting hardware, special drill bit and installation instructions. The flat key locks coordinate with the rear saddlebag flat key locks for an integrated appearance. Easy installation. Fits new 2020+ Indian Challenger motorcycles.

Thanks!
Tech

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's not a bad idea. Not so much to stop thieves, because those doors would be easy to pry open despite the lock, but to guard against the doors popping open in flight and dumping expensive items (like a key fob or cell phone) at highway speeds.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
969 Posts
As an X-cop I'd suggest that you never lock your glove compartment or these little mini compartments, the damage done breaking the lock normally cost much more than any contents stolen. Just saying.

Reactions: Hoseman and Gman1

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an X-cop I'd suggest that you never lock your glove compartment or these little mini compartments, the damage done breaking the lock normally cost much more than any contents stolen. Just saying.
That's exactly why I posted this here. Thanks for the feedback. I hate getting things stolen but stolen + damage is much worse.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
969 Posts
TechRider, I'm glad you took my post the way it was meant as I had no intention of raining on your parade. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) - It's those unintended consequences that we miss at times. (Both for posting and installing locks! )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts