Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I bought a like-new 2017 Springfield today in Newport News (will take delivery next week) and am a little surprised they equip it with a simple spin-on gas cap.

Are you long time owners replacing those with locking caps, and if so, what are you using?

Thanks, I hope to learn a lot around here. -ciao

·
Silver member
5,032 Posts
No, why would you need a locking gas cap? Most I know with one think it is a real pain in the arse! I can't see folks siphoning gas from a bike. There is really not that much gas in the tank.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, why would you need a locking gas cap? Most I know with one think it is a real pain in the arse! I can't see folks siphoning gas from a bike. There is really not that much gas in the tank.
Personally I'm not as concerned with someone stealing gas as I am pouring sugar in, for example.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have not considered one, or even thought about it until your post. Back in the early ‘80s when rationing was threatened a lot of folks got them for their cars. But like like Pablo94 said, we’ve not got that much on board. My bike is stored inside but......I can see for folks in certain areas there might be a concern about vandals putting stuff in, maybe more than taking gas out. Hope you find an attractive one if you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts