Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have a question or an opinion that me and my other half are having been discussing. We love the blue indian with the tan leather bags. We think that is just a beautiful bike. My concern is are those locking bags. I am going to start carring my gun with me especially on long rides.I would feel safer if the bags locked so when we go into a resturant I wouldnt have to walk in with my side arm or worry that someone could easily get into the bags and walk off with it. What do yall think?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a guess here, but I am almost positive that those backs do not have a locking mechanism on them.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally won't leave a handgun in unlocked bags unless I park the bike within my sight and I'm carrying another one. I'm not sure of the laws where you live (ie. carrying where alcohol is served) but I never take mine off unless I'm going into a courthouse or other such prohibited building that has metal detectors. I'm pretty good at making sure it is well hidden though. I would rather catch some heat for carrying where it is frowned upon than have some punk steal my piece and hurt someone with it.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is one of the questions I will be asking. I assume and a set of Chieftain Hard bags could be added to the 2 lower trim Chiefs. ( I assume at a 'cost'.

I'd like to get a Classic if I like the bike and I'm sure I will. God will have to help me with finances.

But when you look at the acce$$orie$ for the Classic and Vintage, the Hard Bags are not mentioned as an option.

If any Indian reps are trolling, this will be a big question from many of us.

UPDATE to original post:

Checked with local dealer today about Hard Bags.

You can can the leather bags for the Classic, the Vintage already has them, but the Hard bags are only 'available' on the Chieftain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts