Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Baron
i just guessed a couple numbers when I posted and after reading your comment I kind of realized you could be right because it’s a higher rpm motor, more than a high torque motor.

Dragster
I had not seen that graph but damn those are great numbers.

Lets see what Monday shows.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Baron
i just guessed a couple numbers when I posted and after reading your comment I kind of realized you could be right because it’s a higher rpm motor, more than a high torque motor.

Dragster
I had not seen that graph but damn those are great numbers.

Lets see what Monday shows.

Thanks for the input guys.
They start on mine Tuesday morning as they are closed on Monday. I’ll pick it up the following Tuesday as I’ll be out of town but will post info as soon as I get back

·
Registered
148 Posts
They start on mine Tuesday morning as they are closed on Monday. I’ll pick it up the following Tuesday as I’ll be out of town but will post info as soon as I get back
Looking forward to reading your report,and your opinion(s about the cam upgrade.
BTW,I was at IMC of Charlotte less than 2 weeks ago and seen their "test" Challenger-rear tire was shredded,had what appeared to be a thunderheader muffler welded to the stock headpipes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looking forward to reading your report,and your opinion(s about the cam upgrade.
BTW,I was at IMC of Charlotte less than 2 weeks ago and seen their "test" Challenger-rear tire was shredded,had what appeared to be a thunderheader muffler welded to the stock headpipes.
I can’t complain about how mine is now with the crt flash at all. But as a drag racer I’m always up for more power and I have always loved Lloyd’s stuff. My last bike was a 16 cross country tour with cams, air filter and tuner and a underdrive pulley. It was a blast but then I rode a stock challenger in Daytona last march and was blown away. The the flash was will doing cams and all the goodie’s on my cross country. It made .118 ho and 121 tq at rear wheel and my challenger pulls much harder and will hit 125 before you can blink.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How good will the numbers look with just the Lloydz custom tune? I'm thinking about just that for the spring.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The peak numbers will no doubt be high but at what RPM range is the question. We are riding v-twin powered heavy baggers. We crave near max lower end torque that winds out a few thousand RPMs before any drop off and horse power that continues to build all the way to redline.

·
Silver member
3,585 Posts
I’ll watch and see but I’d hate to see that torque dip in the lower third of the range.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
773 Posts
Dragsterman8: I am probably the wrong person to post an even slightly negative comment on an engine build. But here goes:

It seems like a “ton of work” and “expense” to squeeze an additional 15hp and 10ft/lbs out of a Challenger. (11-12% increase in hp and torque)

Keep in mind you are taking to a man who is in the process of dumping $5,000+ into a Scout. (mark.lb - 2021 Scout Bobber Build) That being said - I‘m hoping to get no less than a 30% increase in hp and torque out of my Scout. Time will tell. I do understand having the satisfaction of owning a motorcycle no one else has. Exclusivity has its price….!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Dragsterman8: I am probably the wrong person to post an even slightly negative comment on an engine build. But here goes:

It seems like a “ton of work” and “expense” to squeeze an additional 15hp and 10ft/lbs out of a Challenger. (11-12% increase in hp and torque)

Keep in mind you are taking to a man who is in the process of dumping $5,000+ into a Scout. (mark.lb - 2021 Scout Bobber Build) That being said - I‘m hoping to get no less than a 30% increase in hp and torque out of my Scout. Time will tell. I do understand having the satisfaction of owning a motorcycle no one else has. Exclusivity has its price….!
To the naked eye if you only look at the numbers gained it may be a bit hard to swallow indeed. But if you look at the graph and compare you see that you now have a bike with a very large window of tq and hp. Big hp gains from 4k on and tq above 120 from 2500 to almost 6k is massive. I’m extremely happy with the overall product and how it runs

21 - 40 of 43 Posts