Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for crushing my dreams

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Hopefully as they get the install time down to a day or a lil less that will help, as will the canned tune that they can use from there library of ones done on the dyno which would get ya down around 2k or a lil over.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hopefully as they get the install time down to a day or a lil less that will help, as will the canned tune that they can use from there library of ones done on the dyno which would get ya down around 2k or a lil over.
I have a local-ish shop that is on Lloydz list of participants. You think they'll get his cams in stock as well?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a local-ish shop that is on Lloydz list of participants. You think they'll get his cams in stock as well?

After the initial run I see other dealers getting them the same as the flash is doing

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for crushing my dreams

nothing cheap about ripping a motor out THEN doin motor work. Just how it is. Honestly with a dyno tune I think that’s pretty damn good considering the labor rates now.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger...Sandstone Smoke
930 Posts
I'd like to see them do a before and after dyno run on the same bike...that's where you'd be able to see if it's worth it in my book

·
Registered
314 Posts
wow, $3200 is a lot more than I anticipated.. i'll be following to see it the results are worth it. please post before and after dyno numbers when the time comes!

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
808 Posts
Dragsterman8: Make sure you get your shop technician to take some pictures as your build progresses. I am building my Scout Bobber this winter. Surgery starts on January 4th! I am adding 1300cc cylinders, higher compression pistons, and cams. Also a higher output battery to crank the thing over. It will then be tuned on a Dyno. (I think I have permission to attend the Dyno session.) I am also adding Brembo brakes. I don’t think the stock system is up to the task after the modifications.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to see them do a before and after dyno run on the same bike...that's where you'd be able to see if it's worth it in my book
Thats the plan so stay tuned mid January
wow, $3200 is a lot more than I anticipated.. i'll be following to see it the results are worth it. please post before and after dyno numbers when the time comes!
Not really alot as the whole engine has to come out of the bike. Almost half of the coat is labor alone

·
Registered
148 Posts
I watched a video on youtube where a cam upgrade was performed on a challenger-lots of work!
Also,I read a post on Facebook where some dealership (possibly Minn) installed a big bore kit(that they are experimenting with,and is not yet available)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Anxiously awaiting to you the Dino results!

·
Bronze member
4,886 Posts
The word on the Facebook forums for those who have initially done the Lloyd’s cams is that you take a torque hit in the lower RPM range and the gains are in the 4K-6K range.

Lloydz actually had Dyno numbers on his Facebook site showing this. They are still working on tuning the bike.

My suspicion on the 108 is the engine is already pretty much maxed out and cams will only show a small increase in performance and at only higher power settings. Not like the bigger gains of the 111/116 bikes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The word on the Facebook forums for those who have initially done the Lloyd’s cams is that you take a torque hit in the lower RPM range and the gains are in the 4K-6K range.

Lloydz actually had Dyno numbers on his Facebook site showing this. They are still working on tuning the bike.

My suspicion on the 108 is the engine is already pretty much maxed out and cams will only show a small increase in performance and at only higher power settings. Not like the bigger gains of the 111/116 bikes.
We shall see. I take mine in next Monday and will had dyno sheet of it with the flash and one with cams and new tune. I’m the 3rd bike to get em

·
Registered
65 Posts
We shall see. I take mine in next Monday and will had dyno sheet of it with the flash and one with cams and new tune. I’m the 3rd bike to get em
Looking forward to the results.
I will be a definite customer if you get 135/135 hp and torque at the rear wheel (or thereabouts)
Thanks for keeping us informed
Best of luck....

·
Bronze member
4,886 Posts
Looking forward to the results.
I will be a definite customer if you get 135/135 hp and torque at the rear wheel (or thereabouts)
Thanks for keeping us informed
Best of luck....
your definitely not going to get torque numbers that high on this engine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
your definitely not going to get torque numbers that high on this engine.
You are incorrect. 2 months ago when Lloyd put the 1st set in his personal challenger he posted the dyno sheet of it. It made 135 hp and 132 tq. And it has been refined and tweeked since to get even more power

1 - 20 of 43 Posts