Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you guys that have done the job without pulling the heads will this tool make it any easier then trying to use one of the universal spring tools? Hopefully they release it soon and it’s not going to break the bank. Still have the stock springs on stage 3 cams. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We taking bets? 150.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
60$ for the spring tool and they also made a jig for the spark plug holes to put air into the cylinders 20$. Check out the Facebook page they have a few more pics.

·
Bronze member
2,822 Posts
Question ,if youhave to drop the engine down just to access the valve springs,why not just pull the heads and save the money from that tool and the cam tool(you wont need that one either),and buy all new gaskets.seems like might as well as long as your that far any way.then you can clean em up,and maybe a little porting?.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Question ,if youhave to drop the engine down just to access the valve springs,why not just pull the heads and save the money from that tool and the cam tool(you wont need that one either),and buy all new gaskets.seems like might as well as long as your that far any way.then you can clean em up,and maybe a little porting?.
I like the way you think my friend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You still don’t have to pull the heads tho. I guess if you dont already have cams in you can do it all at once without the cam tool. Your already removing the rockers so need for it. The valve spring tool could be handy, some guys on here have said the universal tool can be a pain with the valve springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts