Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever install the Lloydz 'Torque Tube Intakes'? I'm looking at getting some for my '08 Kingpin. Just wondering if you felt much difference?

Thx!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have done the install myself on my 08 KP then drove down to have Lloyd tune and dyno, 98.03 HP and 110.78 TQ. I changed out the S & S which I had 99.84 Hp and 106.84 TQ. I also have Lloydz cams, PC and Ness exhaust. Lloyd thought I could get maybe another 10 HP and a little more TQ if I changed out my exhaust. Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the difference I felt between the S&S and the TTI...

At 3400 RPM it gained 11 HP and 17 ft-lbs... The ONLY change was the airbox.

BIGGER PICTURE:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/half_crazy-01/LarryAlveyTTInt1.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D.

My recommendation:

Torgue Tubes, LLoydz fuel controller, Idle air valve, cams and RPW two into one exhaust.

I have Lloydz air box, Lloydz fuel controller, Idle air valve, and RPW big slash exhaust.

I'm getting 87hp and 108tq... Big difference over stock! I wish I had the cams installed while the above items were installed; would have reduced labor costs...

Jimbo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was the bill approx for your set up without cams .
and what would have been the added cost with?
if you dont mind letting me know .

The other question I have is who can do the tune for the tourqe tubes not everyone Im sure . Is there anyone out here in Alberta Canada???
Im preping for this winters upgrade so please help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pop,

$1,500 dollars. I keep getting differing prices on the cam install! I think it depends on the year/model of your bike. Anywhere from $800 - $1,200...

I got the tune settings from Lloydz when I bought my equipment. I then took my bike to a local dyno tuner and he made very minor adjustments from Lloydz recs. He and his assistant, Brie, have this thing down to a to science. They are exceptional when it comes to customer service. Call and chat with Brie!

It became quite evident that the factory intake and exhaust severely hamper performance. You will jove the upgrades with the exception of some exhaust popping which is typical for the Freedom engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts