Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
The RTS is fine, all the local shop is doing is uploading and downloading tunes and running the dyno. The tune is being done by Ryan Randall at Charlotte.
The cost is high because you’re paying for the tune from Lloydz and the dyno time from your shop.

The shop I am talking about doesnt put your bike on a dyno-they ride it to log data thats what I was told anyways.
That is the primary method, but many shops prefer not to do that for liability. They have to do full-throttle runs on public roads. So you might be paying extra for that. But it’s still the same, they aren’t touching your tune, just logging the data.

Ryan remote tuned my old Victory and it was the same process. I log the runs and send them to him, he does his magic and then I upload the new file and log again. It’s efficient as it tests your bike in real-world conditions, not found in a dyno room.

Yes,I understand,awful lot of money tho.
Provided by people who spent a helluva lot of time learning how to do what Engineers for Polaris spent years in college for. You can bet they get paid a healthy wage to make your stock bike run well and pass EPA. Keep that in mind that any Joe Blow with a computer can tweak ignition and fuel tables. But few of them actually understand VE, STFT vs LTFT, Open loop vs Closed loop, and so much more.
You spent $18-30K on a bike plus possibly $3K more on power accessories, but balk at the cost that makes it all run well together with good useable and safe power?

Ryan Randall dyno tuned my Vintage in Iowa not long before he moved to Charlotte. Just a tune, no parts changing. Gained 5 hp/8 tq over Indian stage II flash. Lost 1-2 mpg. $600 if I remember right, not including PV3 of course. Not cheap, but figured might as well finish the job - Dan

Ryan Randall dyno tuned my Vintage in Iowa not long before he moved to Charlotte. Just a tune, no parts changing. Gained 5 hp/8 tq over Indian stage II flash. Lost 1-2 mpg. $600 if I remember right, not including PV3 of course. Not cheap, but figured might as well finish the job - Dan
Provided by people who spent a helluva lot of time learning how to do what Engineers for Polaris spent years in college for. You can bet they get paid a healthy wage to make your stock bike run well and pass EPA. Keep that in mind that any Joe Blow with a computer can tweak ignition and fuel tables. But few of them actually understand VE, STFT vs LTFT, Open loop vs Closed loop, and so much more.
You spent $18-30K on a bike plus possibly $3K more on power accessories, but balk at the cost that makes it all run well together with good useable and safe power?
Nope,I am not balking...You would be surprised on the amount I have invested in performance parts,I
You assume too much young skywalker...
I dont mind paying 650 for a good tune,thats a lot of money to me..I grew up poor,worked hard all my life,and I value what I earn.I bought my chieftain used nearly a year and a half ago with not a single performance add on,and got a fantastic deal on it.Most of the performance parts I have bought for it were second hand,some not even used at less than half the cost of new so I can manage to pay to have it tuned,I am not balking at the cost,nor doubting the tuning capabilites of Ryan,I just expect a lot when I pay for services.
May the force be with you!

Nope,I am not balking...You would be surprised on the amount I have invested in performance parts,I

You assume too much young skywalker...
I dont mind paying 650 for a good tune,thats a lot of money to me..I grew up poor,worked hard all my life,and I value what I earn.I bought my chieftain used nearly a year and a half ago with not a single performance add on,and got a fantastic deal on it.Most of the performance parts I have bought for it were second hand,some not even used at less than half the cost of new so I can manage to pay to have it tuned,I am not balking at the cost,nor doubting the tuning capabilites of Ryan,I just expect a lot when I pay for services.
May the force be with you!
I didn’t assume, hence the question mark 😉. Unfortunately you can’t get second-hand tunes. Ryan has been in the tuning game for a long time, he tuned hundreds of Victory bikes and now hundreds more of Indians. His work with Lloydz just cracked the Challenger ECU and they now how base maps for that model as well.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.