Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my Indian stage 2 cams with Lloydz 585’s. contacted Fuel Moto but they don’t have a map for the Lloydz cams. Any suggestions on getting proper tuning?

·
Bronze member
2,274 Posts
hmm ... so you already have a stage II flash in your ECU and FM sent you for the Indian SII cams their better djt ...

I would ask Lloydz if their tuning for the 585 is based off the factory SII flash ... or if they did develop their own 585 tunes off the SI flash. This is particularly interesting regarding some idle and knock control/timing settings ... and I think the PVCX still does not expose a few eventually needed settings/tables.
A few users had trouble tuning e.g. for the Andrews 570 cams when they already had the Indian SII flash in their ECU (and had to revert back at the dealer to SI ECU software!)

Ideal would be if Lloydz have done a PVCX base tune based off a SII ECU flash ... and if they could send you that before doing further fine tuning (either at the dyno shop ... or DIY with a WBCX).
(But somehow ... since Lloydz likes the simpler PCV ... there seems to be hope, that a SI or SII base does not matter much)

Would be cool, if you could post here your findings with Lloydz ... since the 585's might be my next move too (coming from SII as well).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I discussed this with my dealer and he mentioned Lloydz has a development team called “hard on horsepower”. We’re going to call Lloydz next week and discuss it with them. I’ll post what comes of it. I’m thinking they must have a solution

·
Rider
526 Posts
Yup, I would also love to see the difference

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
671 Posts
I am replacing my Indian stage 2 cams with Lloydz 585’s. contacted Fuel Moto but they don’t have a map for the Lloydz cams. Any suggestions on getting proper tuning?
Are you doing anything else like Venom Plenum and 60mm throttle body or have you already done so? The reason I ask is I’m thinking of doing the same with my Roadmaster - get rid of Indian Stage 2 cams for Lloydz 585’s, add the VP, 60mm TB and a Fuel Moto Jackpot pipe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now I’m just replacing the cams. Next on the list is the jackpot pipe. Hopefully Lloydz will have some tunes available, but I’m thinking I will have to put it on the dyno to get proper mapping. Gonna call Lloydz tomorrow and let you know what they have to say

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
671 Posts
Those of you who are looking at 60mm TB, have you seen LLoydz youtube video on them ?
Is this the one you’re referring to?

·
Bronze member
2,274 Posts
Is this the one you’re referring to?

Lloydz is right here ... bolting a 60mm TB to a 54mm intake manifold is not going to gain anything.

BUT: The Venom Plenum is a intake runner (extension) with 60mm mouth opening (post TB) smoothly tapered down to 54mm at the intake manifold mounting flange. Kind of velocity stack effect! Similar to a bell mouth ... (Wimmer has a intake with velocity stack PRE throttle body ... Arsenal Racecraft puts a bell mouth at the TB opening)

(Indian corporate is including in their SIII kit a modified intake manifold piece with 60mm mouth opening to accomodate for a 60mm TB mounted directly to it (as dropin into a stageI Indian highflow AC!). They see it beneficient for those 98hp at the crank :D )

Btw: EVEN THE STOCK 54mm TB has a 60mm opening and a short taper internally to the valve body with 54mm ID ... mini velocity stack built in so to say ... the Venom Plenum with 60mm opening and TB just "extends" the idea! :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dealer called Lloydz and apparently they sent their cams and air filters to Dynojet to create base maps for the PVCX. Hopefully they will have something for us to use in the near future. I’m going to follow up on it in the new year

·
Registered
233 Posts
any updates? Getting ready to install the 585's, and next year the BBK 121

·
Registered
233 Posts
IKR

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
I discussed this with my dealer and he mentioned Lloydz has a development team called “hard on horsepower”. We’re going to call Lloydz next week and discuss it with them. I’ll post what comes of it. I’m thinking they must have a solution
That's what I want to hear, a solution for the Lloydz 585 Cams & the PVCX tune/mapping. My local dealership sells and installs Lloyd'z products i.e. AC, Cam kits, etc., and does the complete install of the 585 cams for $1,500.00 but I am concerned with getting a proper (good) mapping for the ECU and still having/keeping engine longevity of the Thunder Stroke motor. I already have SI completed and mapped from Fuel Moto, (Dynoject PVCX, Llody'z arrowhead AC, Tab 4" Performance slip-on mufflers w/Zombie baffles) really looking forward to a Lloyd'z cam configuration for the PVCX.

Just made the appointment for the Lloyd'z 585 Cam kit w/new enlarged injectors for my 16 Springfield. The mapping the dealer is using was put it up against the 116 demo bike last week and almost beat (the 116 SIII) it. The install will be completed next week between Christmas & New Years on my bike. Either way, if I don't like the mapping from the dealer, I can always remap the ECU later if Dynojet makes a better map.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's what I want to hear, a solution for the Lloydz 585 Cams & the PVCX tune/mapping. My local dealership sells and installs Lloyd'z products i.e. AC, Cam kits, etc., and does the complete install of the 585 cams for $1,500.00 but I am concerned with getting a proper (good) mapping for the ECU and still having/keeping engine longevity of the Thunder Stroke motor. I already have SI completed and mapped from Fuel Moto, (Dynoject PVCX, Llody'z arrowhead AC, Tab 4" Performance slip-on mufflers w/Zombie baffles) really looking forward to a Lloyd'z cam configuration for the PVCX.

Just made the appointment for the Lloyd'z 585 Cam kit w/new enlarged injectors for my 16 Springfield. The mapping the dealer is using was put it up against the 116 demo bike last week and almost beat (the 116 SIII) it. The install will be completed next week between Christmas & New Years on my bike. Either way, if I don't like the mapping from the dealer, I can always remap the ECU later if Dynojet makes a better map.
Did you ever get a better map?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you ever get a better map?
I actually just ordered the 585s last night , spoke to Erica there and they gave a tune but it's like 600 bucks plus the PC but that money goes to the dealer because they satelite tune it for max performance. Nit sure what I'm gonna do yet but the cams are coming so I've got a few days to figure it out ...anyone else have anything on these ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts