Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t found a pre filter specifically for Lloyd’s round intake for the TS and am looking for one, does anyone have this intake and what are you using for a pre filter?
I’m mainly looking for when washing the beast or when I get caught in a rain storm...

Face-7in
Rear- ~8in
Depth-3 3/4in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently don’t have a better half that can make that donation! good idea though! Lol

2018 Chieftain Limited Blue Metalic
Live free Ride hard

·
Silver member
5,098 Posts
Currently don’t have a better half that can make that donation! good idea though! Lol

Live free Ride hard
Post a pic of the checkout person when you buy the pantyhose,:).

Reactions: bluebeauty111

·
Silver member
5,098 Posts
Seriously, you don't really need a sock when you ride in the rain. The bike will perform just fine. Trust me, been there done that.

If it gets so heavy that your bike cuts out it is time to pull over and ride out the storm. The one time I did that I just put a terry towel over the air cleaner to catch the water. Meanwhile, I was getting soaked...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously, you don't really need a sock when you ride in the rain. The bike will perform just fine. Trust me, been there done that.

If it gets so heavy that your bike cuts out it is time to pull over and ride out the storm. The one time I did that I just put a terry towel over the air cleaner to catch the water. Meanwhile, I was getting soaked...
I don’t know if I’m man enough to buy pantyhose! That would be an interesting conversation at the counter! Hahaha

This is my first open air cleaner and I haven’t done a big trip with it yet involving hard rain so I’ve been pondering what the impacts would be. Thanks for your input!

Live free Ride hard

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
They have rain socks on the K&N website, sized to fit based on filter diameter. I used one on the open filter I ran on my Honda Shadow. Worked like a charm.

·
Founding member
1,191 Posts
I agree with @pablo94 and have been caught out many times in serious Midwest storms without any issues. I have the Indian Round air filter so it isn't a direct comparison, but I feel confident the results will be the same. Only one did I sense any negative stumble from the bike during a storm and it was very brief, but that storm was wicked bad and we pulled over soon after the stumble.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,797 Posts
I agree with @pablo94 and have been caught out many times in serious Midwest storms without any issues. I have the Indian Round air filter so it isn't a direct comparison, but I feel confident the results will be the same. Only one did I sense any negative stumble from the bike during a storm and it was very brief, but that storm was wicked bad and we pulled over soon after the stumble.
I agree, I have the big oval Lloyds assy and never had any issues in the rain. If you worry about it when washing just wrap it with aluminum foil. D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts