Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone other than the two videos on YouTube, heard the Lloyds Slip-On Exhaust In person?

·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
I am hearing them in person every day ... since about 1.5 years ... on my own bike... LOL.

With performance baffles ... and meanwhile with Rinehart Slimline Headers.
Deep and noticeable ... not obnoxious for the rider when cruising.
Not wanting different pipes, really!

Without baffles they are just "uncivilized"!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wish that they would come available for the Chieftain/Roadmaster again. When I last asked them if they were going to come back into stock, they said they weren’t carrying them at the time? Not sure what that means.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wish that they would come available for the Chieftain/Roadmaster again. When I last asked them if they were going to come back into stock, they said they weren’t carrying them at the time? Not sure what that means.
Go to Witchdoctors they have them for
Go to Witchdoctors they have them for $250

·
Rider
1,156 Posts
I have heard them on a few you tube videos. One was over seas on a black classic or vintage in a parking lot and sounded amazing nice deep roar as it sat at idle. The other two videos were on a green vintage. Those didn’t sound anything like the other video as I played them all via my stereo. It sounded like a bear farting in beer can. My Vance and Hines just aren’t doing it

·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
I have heard them on a few you tube videos. One was over seas on a black classic or vintage in a parking lot and sounded amazing nice deep roar as it sat at idle. The other two videos were on a green vintage. Those didn’t sound anything like the other video as I played them all via my stereo. It sounded like a bear farting in beer can. My Vance and Hines just aren’t doing it
Overseas? Black Classic souped up? Idling nice n deep in a parking lot? That would be mine, hehe!

This one?
Above was with a 585 open loop tune with target AFRs at ~13.6 ... even at idle!

Meanwhile I switched to Rinehart Slimline Headers ... sounds even deeper!
(let me see if I can shoot a vid later tonight ... idle and cruise I went back to closed loop 14.7 for mpgs)

·
Rider
1,156 Posts
That one and a naked vintage classic in a parking lot looked like a storage area for am sorry I forgot about yours and yes nice......are yours as deep and rumbley in person.

·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
That one and a naked vintage classic in a parking lot looked like a storage area for am sorry I forgot about yours and yes nice......are yours as deep and rumbley in person.
In my underground garage always!

I will shoot another video with the Rinehart Slimlines at the same exact spot. And then outside in open air location.

Then you will have a good comparison ...

·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
Thank you very much
And here the Kromewerks(Lloydz) muffler / Rinehart Slimline combo ...
Warm start indoors (underground garage, same spot as above)
Tomorrow (once the current night curfew is over) I will do the outdoors video.

headset recommended

I am still finetuning my warm/hot start , therefor the first attempt failed.

UPDATE: and outdoors

·
Rider
1,156 Posts
Thank you for doing this ....that sounds pretty darn good Though a set of stereo speakers is it that deep sounding outside too? What is the difference between the khrome werks and Lloyd’s? Just the name?

·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
Thank you for doing this ....that sounds pretty darn good Though a set of stereo speakers is it that deep sounding outside too? What is the difference between the khrome werks and Lloyd’s? Just the name?
Same tone/frequency outside ... just less volume due to less reflections.
Imagine riding inside a tunnel and then getting out of the tunnel.
When I slightly blipped that throttle it actually was much louder in person than the phone mic could catch.

Lloydz mufflers are manufactured by Khromewerks!
Khromwerks additionally manufactures a "rinehart tip compatible" version but same construction and (removable) baffles as the slashcut version.

·
Bronze member
1,921 Posts
I seriously can’t say thanks enough for you taking the time out to do this...
Helping where I can is actually rewarding
Good therapy in these "social" distancing times.
In fact its just physical distancing. The net helps us to get closer "in mind".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts