Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is unbeflippinglievable. Absolutely one of the most orwellian large-scale ideas I've ever heard of. Stalin and Mao would turn green if they could. Bow down and lick the hands that rule you, people of Europe.

Link. Have a barf bag ready. Another link.

Who can't see how this could be abused? Not to mention the staggering infringement on freedom in general. What's next, the government pays half the population to watch the other half and make sure they set up ladders properly and don't run with scissors. The peasants have to be managed, you know. I bet Google is already working on making this happen here. No stinking way.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hahaha I’ll drive antique vehicles until I die. Screw Europe. Screw big brother.

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
who says Hitler didn't win the war...mmm Merkel anyone....

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Depending on which model Indian you ride you’re already restricted to 120mph or so. Our Jeep is limited to 100mph

Same is already happening over here while Europe is thinking about it...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Manufacturers limiting top speed is very different from the government reaching down and telling your car "you just entered a 25 mph zone, only 20 horsepower for you!"

The UK voters were right. The EU has gone mad.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Depending on which model Indian you ride you’re already restricted to 120mph or so. Our Jeep is limited to 100mph

Same is already happening over here while Europe is thinking about it...
Most of your manufacturers limitations are set because of the type of vehicle and engine you’re dealing with. Sometimes vehicles become unsafe at higher speeds. Sometimes it’s more for the engine’s longevity. For example I had a zx14r that was limited to 186.5mph. I also had a Polaris slingshot that was limited to 135. Trust me, you did not want to go faster than that in the slingshot. The bike was still very planted at 186.5.

·
Silver member
3,292 Posts
I was just talking with a friend of mine today about my prediction that in 100 years nobody will ever have their hands on a steering wheel or tires on asphalt again. Prototypes of flying cars are already being rolled out, and driverless vehicles are already on the road. Let's enjoy our Indians while we can, because our grandkids will never have the privilege.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I prefer to drive 100 times on the roads of the Alps that I frequent every day regardless of the speed (generally not very fast because of the few curves) than on a very straight motorway which is boring and which puts me to sleep ... 100 times more dangerous and without fun except when you reach speeds of 100/200 mph which is already prohibited.
if the speed limits are imposed in the cities and their surroundings it will not change anything because the cars are all the time in congestion in these places at best it will limit (without certainty) the idiots who drive like sick in semi-pedestrian areas
I think that the automatic speed limit could be cut if only for safety in certain cases and for the freedom to drive as you want on the other hand it could be mandatory in certain areas where the population / congestion is important

But for now... ;)

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
The German Autobahn still has sections which are not speed limited AT ALL. I am not aware of any other country having "open speed" anywhere except on the race track.

Talk about all the other countries having the annoying and non switchable 120km/h dasboard beep mandated ...

Electronic speed limiter? Already reality everywhere! Just not set at the same speed in every vehicle!

Indian is limiting all their big models even in the US to 119mph, including the Challenger which could go significantly faster "as is"!

BMW with the K1600 sixcylinders is even worse!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
German Rider
2,138 Posts
At 200mph you have no friends....

No general speedlimit on the autobahn and still way less people die in car accidents here than in any other country. So why should we need a speed limiter.

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: HINK and cmoalem

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
If they can make you wear seatbelts why can’t they make you obey the speed limit?
well if the car didn't start until your seatbelt was in place it would be the same.. but limiting a car to the speed limit you are currently in is draconian... maybe it's needed or maybe the capability of actually getting a drivers license should be harder.. I guess most (well at least my crowd) Americans bristle at anything the government makes us do.. it's been bred into our genes since 1776... now if they could automatically send caggers tickets when they use the phone... I'd be all for that;)

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
"all its cars to 112 mph".... My '15 Vintage is already legal over there LOL

·
Silver member
5,306 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
one question tho.. did anyone hear what the anti-noise society had to say?

·
Rider
429 Posts
The German Autobahn still has sections which are not speed limited AT ALL. I am not aware of any other country having "open speed" anywhere except on the race track.

Talk about all the other countries having the annoying and non switchable 120km/h dasboard beep mandated ...

Electronic speed limiter? Already reality everywhere! Just not set at the same speed in every vehicle!

Indian is limiting all their big models even in the US to 119mph, including the Challenger which could go significantly faster "as is"!

BMW with the K1600 sixcylinders is even worse!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure there's sections of the large empty states here in the US thatdont have speed limits. Montana and or Odaho if i remember correctly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts