Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Liquid Glass, but can’t find it in stores near me (New Jersey). I have called and emailed the company and no reply. So, where do you all get it from?

·
Registered
255 Posts
From what I have found I believe we are out of luck as they have shut down. I can’t find it anymore either.
If someone else has a source please let us all know.

Rawhide

·
Bronze member
2,163 Posts
No, they’re gone.

I had some but never got around to putting it on the bike and after they shut down I sold it to someone who was already down that path.

If you already have some on the bike, you should be looking hard to find more so you don't have to remove it to go to something else.

If you don't have it on the bike, don't start.

HTH.

WD./

·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
No, they’re gone.

I had some but never got around to putting it on the bike and after they shut down I sold it to someone who was already down that path.

If you already have some on the bike, you should be looking hard to find more so you don't have to remove it to go to something else.

If you don't have it on the bike, don't start.

HTH.

WD./

Liquid glass -- aka "sodium silicate" -- is a fascinating substance with many uses. It's easiest to imagine sodium silicate as little spheres of silica sand formed around grains of salt. The tiny spheres rapidly soak up water, turning into a kind of gel. Once the gel is dried out and exposed to heat, it quickly forms into a very hard shard of pure glass.

Removal of LG is not too difficult. S-100 will do it, as any strong dish detergent. But if looking for a replacement, yoju needn't remove it. You can use another 'sodium silicate' product on top of it. One is a product by Car Guys comes to mind.

HEAT is the catalyst to harden such finishes - baking in the sun for 24 hours. One time I even used a hair dryer after a rainy 24.

·
Banned
2,788 Posts
I got almost a full bottle left, can't use on the new bike, (matte black).. who wants it?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I got a bottle of Meguir's Hybrid Ceramic wax. I took the RM apart in the yard, just before bike week, washed everything and put a couple of good coats of this stuff on as a base. I washed it again yesterday after a month and hardly anything sticking to the bike, easy to clean up. Put one more coat on for the helluva it. It was parked in the driveway today when a rainstorm came through. I stepped outside and the wife asked me what I was laughing at. Everything outside getting wet but my bike - water was beading up and rolling off. Picked up the stuff from Walmart for $15.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so I got a new (to me) bike and was going to wax it and figured to start with LG. If that’s not freely available, it’s not a good idea to put a coat or two of that and then use something else?

Is there another wax that is “sodium silicate”?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
F11 and about 5 Aother companies are pushing this stuff all the time. If you go to YouTube you can look ata bunch of at home detail guys testing them out. They seem to all work but a lot of different prices....

·
Rider
816 Posts
I’ve got F11 and Liquid Glass in my garage. Never have used either one and probably won’t. Hell, I only wash my bike twice a year and can’t figure out why I bought them to begin with. Most likely I was drunk and on my computer. That’s how a lot of the shit in my garage got there.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help. Sounds like Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax is the one to try. Appreciate the information.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have used Liquid Glass for several years on all of my vehicles and is great but found something new that I feel is just as good and not as expensive as f11. Chemical guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish available at your local Wal-Mart

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Liquid Glass, but can’t find it in stores near me (New Jersey). I have called and emailed the company and no reply. So, where do you all get it from?
Never heard of it! What exactly is "Liquid Glass"?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Liquid glass auto polish is not sodium silicate (water glass). From the SDS, it is "Modified Silane polymer ". Still widely available on the internet.
Good stuff, I think F-11 is just as good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts