Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - so I bought a 2019 Chieftain on sale that of course does not come with the GPS/map function. But I figured there must be a way to link my phone directly to the (great) screen and simply use google maps. I couldn’t find anything on this anywhere. Even phoned the dealer and they said ‘good question’. Is there any advice out there? Perhaps I have to resign myself to purchasing the upgrade...

·
Bronze member
2,221 Posts
The feature you are looking for is "Apple Car Play" which would be cool to have in the RideCommand software features.

Maybe one day Indian realizes this huge opportunity and offers Apple Car Play and Android Auto as feature in the RideCommand dash computer.

Car manufacturers already are showing the way ...

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,033 Posts
Won’t happen anytime soon. Buy a rokform mount for your phone and use that for the gps. It’s what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, appreciate the replies. Yup, if no way to link to screen, will look at the phone mounts

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,377 Posts
The feature you are looking for is "Apple Car Play" which would be cool to have in the RideCommand software features.

Maybe one day Indian realizes this huge opportunity and offers Apple Car Play and Android Auto as feature in the RideCommand dash computer.

Car manufacturers already are showing the way ...

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
CarPlay is the way to go I have it on my Road Glide. I just wish Harley had Android Auto along with it.
I spoke to an Indian Salesman and he said that Polaris was working on getting Apple CarPlay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
943 Posts
I would link the phone with the bike and play tunes on the phone and have the map up and then you will hear the voice prompts through the speakers. I did that with an older bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts