Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rider
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys hello
Was riding into work this chilly morning all was running good crusing along when Engine went into Limp Mode and produced a code
I dont know any more then the pic shows “throttle body cont”
Is that controller?
I now have an IPhone and cant find app for the Indian Diagnostic like had on the android.
Started engine several times and limp mode is gone and seems to run better but check engine light still on.

Dont know if I could get anymore info
Anyone know anything or had this problem?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Bet you were in sport mode shifting from second to third. The missing part of that code is throttle body position not allowed. It happens, ignore it. If it happens more than once you should probably talk to the dealer. This one seems to be a semi common glitch.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sport mode yes
Shifted just into 5th
How do we clear the check engine light?
It’ll clear itself after you ride and power off and on a few times. I believe the dealer told me three power cycles with uneventful rides. I’m guessing that sport mode has the ability in odd situations to demand a position of the butterfly valve that the bike can’t produce or just doesn’t like.

·
Rider
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Thanks for the input on this and yes it makes perfect sense to me as to why this happened
I will take it for a nice spirited ride when I get home from work today
BTW otherwise the bike runs like a beast with Craigs tune help
The more it is breaking in in the nicer and smoother the trans shifts like butter
The bike is actually a very good extension of me which is what you want it to be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys hello
Was riding into work this chilly morning all was running good crusing along when Engine went into Limp Mode and produced a code
I dont know any more then the pic shows “throttle body cont”
Is that controller?
I now have an IPhone and cant find app for the Indian Diagnostic like had on the android.
Started engine several times and limp mode is gone and seems to run better but check engine light still on. View attachment 605571
Dont know if I could get anymore info
Anyone know anything or had this problem?
Out of curiosity, what android App were you using? hope you figure out the code. Keep it shinny side up.

·
Rider
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have android goto playstore and search for Indian Diagnostic and you will find that app
Open app, Key in code and it will display what the code means
Somewhat useful
Shiny side up always and thank you same for you.

·
Rider
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update for this fault code and limp mode
Ran bike when I got home about 70 miles to stretch its legs and simply ran fantastic like nothing ever happened this morning
Fueled beautifully and check eng light is out
So it looks like it is some sort of glitch in the system with the drive by wire
We did have 2 times earlier weeks where we were in sport mode but throttle response was like it was in tour mode but it wasnt.
When I power on and start I let it run 15 secs before I even touch the throttle
If this repeats itself in a short time we will have to bring it in but thinking I rode all thru summer and no problems till now

·
Bronze member
4,710 Posts
What you describe is fairly common and seems to becoming more frequent on posts. It's usually caused by rapid acceleration with high rpm such as when you are just about to change gear. People sometimes get it in lower gears when joining faster traffic from an on-ramp or exiting a corner.

It's a matter of certain tables in the tune that need to have some rpm variables set higher than they are on another table. Imagine a kid on a bmx bike and his Dad says, I think you can take that jump from a bit higher, but the more careful mother says, 'that's high enough, I'm confiscating the bike for today.'

The dash light will clear after five restarts and there's no damage to the engine so you can ride easy. However, having it happen when you are joining fast moving traffic can be dangerous so it's a good idea to not be too aggressive on the throttle in those moments.

·
Rider
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you describe is fairly common and seems to becoming more frequent on posts. It's usually caused by rapid acceleration with high rpm such as when you are just about to change gear. People sometimes get it in lower gears when joining faster traffic from an on-ramp or exiting a corner.

It's a matter of certain tables in the tune that need to have some rpm variables set higher than they are on another table. Imagine a kid on a bmx bike and his Dad says, I think you can take that jump from a bit higher, but the more careful mother says, 'that's high enough, I'm confiscating the bike for today.'

The dash light will clear after five restarts and there's no damage to the engine so you can ride easy. However, having it happen when you are joining fast moving traffic can be dangerous so it's a good idea to not be too aggressive on the throttle in those moments.
Is this something that can be adjusted in the current running map?
I know I was just shifted into 5th and resumed with approx 1/2 throttle position

·
Bronze member
4,710 Posts
You said earlier that you had a CraigB tune. He's out of action with medical treatment at the moment but when he's back it's something you can chase up with him. The ceiling tables can be adjusted without making changes to anything else so you won't lose any of the other settings.

·
Rider
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes very cool I will ask Craig when he is back
I dont want to put bother to Craig right now
Hope all is going good for him
Today we went for a short ride all seemed still good but when we stopped and restarted again the bike would not recognize the fob. I thought ok lets try this again
Turned off power button and on again and this time fob is good
Started bike and had no tach
This is 2nd time we got no tach on startup
1st time was about 3 weeks ago
Now we restart again and tach is back working and bike running the way it should
I just dont know why all this happening?

·
Bronze member
4,710 Posts
My Springfield has had two starts in it's 55,000 kms where it started OK but the speedo didn't start up. I didn't notice it until I was out on the road. Both times I stopped and restarted and it was working fine. I've no idea what happened - perhaps the bike was looking at a Ducati going past and got distracted or something. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts