Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of Like New Chieftain OEM Exhaust Pipes with the plugs removed for sale. They we're removed from the bike at the dealership with 3 miles on the clock. If you're planning on adding Chieftain hard side saddlebags to your Classic or Vintage, you'll need these pipe for the mounts on the top of each pipe. In perfect condition. $225. shipped.

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Hello, Are you talking about the baffle plugs?

Reactions: Thunderchief

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
I think being that you are in California, I'd hang on to those. They are getting stricter by the day about noise pollution as they call it and factory spec mufflers. You may have to put them back on and add the plugs.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping to replace them with CFR pipes soon. I'm not sure that CFR makes their Indian pipes with the Chieftain handbag cleats on them or not. I'm waiting to hear back from them before I sell the OEMs.

Not sure when you were last in CA, but there are plenty of guys running really loud and sometimes straight pipes. Nobody seems to care except for people like me who doesn't like loud exhaust pipes.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
I have to admit, it's been over 20 years since I left there and back to Texas. They are starting to talk about loud pipes here so I figured California must be real bad now. Maybe it's those Californians that are now moving here causing the talk here. It's darn sure not the Texas I left back in 71. That's for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts