Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any info on a lighted war bonnet kit for a 2021 roadmaster limited, I've seen them for other models, nothing listed for a limited, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
Should have the 'old style' war bonnet on the front fender, right? Not like the Challenger one but the full faced Indian? If so, there is still space in there to stick a LED light up in it and run a wire down from the front fairing from the plug that says "War Bonnet" that was left over. (at least this was all applicaplbe on my '19 CDH)

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any info on a lighted war bonnet kit for a 2021 roadmaster limited, I've seen them for other models, nothing listed for a limited, or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct, it is the full face war bonnet.
So I take it you just fabricated your own led light system for that?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yup. It's been a few years, one of the first mods I did because it annoyed me it didn't light up. I just went to AutoZone and found a waterproof LED light and slapped it right in the warbonnet (it's hollow so there is plenty of room) - then ran the wire down the front fork to the LED light and done. Took like an hour or so in all and has been working without issue since '19

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. Its disappointing that it doesn't light up, I personally think they should all be lit up, right from the factory.
Thanks for the info, a good project for the weekend.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The excuse I heard floating around - why they discontinued it - was due to water getting up into the fender or something like that. However, like I said, I haven't had an issue since '19 with any water/rust/etc. I avoid riding in the rain or foul weather as much as I can but I've been caught in it a few times - not to mention the multiple times I've washed the bike... so I'm not sure what the actual truth is behind them getting rid of it?

There are "pre-made" kits that are already lit up you can buy floating around on the Internet which I'm sure that previous SPAM poster wanted to sell you when he asked you to PM you. They are pretty pricey. The LED itself only cost like $5 max.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I saw that post, just ignored that.
I would imagine if you sealed it up properly there shouldn't be an issue
I'll give it a shot
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks
The chrome lit war bonnet you can get is from a 2021 RM vintage, however your fender does not have the harness brackets. The bonnet I bought for my 21 rm Limited if for the vintage 21 RM it is bigger by about 1 inch so you to make sure you get the gasket as well. You can only get 1 of the 2 harness brackets. I am still gathering items before my installation

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks
I have a 17RM that came with the LED War bonnet. Can't you just buy the one for the 17' from a dealer and install it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts