Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my Chieftain off for svc the other day and ask that they check-out the lighted switches as the ones on the right side were not working. Just got a call that the bike is ready and was told that none of the switches on the right side are lighted, only the multi-function switches on the left side were lighted.
Is this correct? I would have sworn I've seen the right side ones lighted at night! Maybe I' m older than I thought & CRS has set in?

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
You have to look at them with a black light or have that special pair of Indian Sunglasses that glow in the dark

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
I guess it's a Chieftain thing, none of my switches light up on either side. [sorry]

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, 'a mind is a terrible thing to waste' seems to apply to me here:(

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,258 Posts
They are correct. Only the lower switches on the lower left side light up. Dean

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you're having problems setting the CC in the dark, try sitting on your bike when lighting is good and close your eyes once you do it a few times finding the buttons will be easy. My problem is I've been riding Gold Wings all my life and those buttons are permanently etch in my head.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you're having problems setting the CC in the dark, try sitting on your bike when lighting is good and close your eyes once you do it a few times finding the buttons will be easy. My problem is I've been riding Gold Wings all my life and those buttons are permanently etch in my head.
And for I it was HD hand controls. My thumbs automatically go there first, you would think in almost two seasons and 10k miles I'd have it down but I had 10 times that on HD so It's taking effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts