Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a good small lift that will fit an Indian Chief Vintage?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since these bikes have no real frame to speak of on the undersides, it is somewhat of a challenge to flat lift them. What bothers me is that the ABS brake lines, are right there where the lift point should be. I have not done it yet but I have a universal (adjustable) flat lift plate with 4 adjustable raised points, that I plan to modify just for the Indian. Not sure just exactly what I'm going to do with it yet, but I will before I wear the tires out.
As of right now I put it on my lift table with the front wheel locked in and use a jack on the swingarm shock mount. I'd like to be able to lift it with the floor bike jack but I have to modify the plate for that.
EASY

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a crewline bike lift and to prevent any damage to the brake lines or oil pressure swich I use hard rubber furniture cups, one in each corner of the lift. This keeps the bike steady and protects the underside. I'll see if I have a photo and will post it later.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the hard rubber furniture cups to give clearance between the jack and the bottom of the Indian. On the left side is the clutch cable that you want to avoid crushing and on the right side of the engine are the three ABS brake lines. At the left rear of the engine block is a nipple that protrudes about a quater inch below the crankcase. The cups lift the bike enough to avoid any damage.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice and photos. The info you supplied should really help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts