Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
I think a lot of dealerships are facing hard times and some just won't make it through. Unfortunate but true.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Closing had nothing to do with anything but wanting to retire.

Post on Facebook below.

I want to interject on this conversation before conjecture and speculation runs rampant. I have knowledge of the circumstances behind the dealership's closing.

The store was not losing money. It was economically viable and had great customer service. The store's closing is by no means a reflection on the viability of the Indian brand. Also, this does not have anything to do with covid-19. The lease was expiring, one of the owners wanted to retire elsewhere, and the other owner had other business interests which required his focus.

It's no more complicated than the owners simply cashing in their chips. To read any more into it would be incorrect.

·
Silver member
4,647 Posts

Post on Facebook below.

I want to interject on this conversation before conjecture and speculation runs rampant. I have knowledge of the circumstances behind the dealership's closing.

The store was not losing money. It was economically viable and had great customer service. The store's closing is by no means a reflection on the viability of the Indian brand. Also, this does not have anything to do with covid-19. The lease was expiring, one of the owners wanted to retire elsewhere, and the other owner had other business interests which required his focus.

It's no more complicated than the owners simply cashing in their chips. To read any more into it would be incorrect.
Thanks for that clarification.

·
Rider
620 Posts

Post on Facebook below.

Indian should have stepped in and did something for this place than. This is going to sour the taste of Indian for a lot of riders in that area. What do they do now. Hike it all the way up to Racine now if they have issues? Central IL? I already know a large handful of Harley riders that want to buy an Indian but won't because the dealer network is so far and in between.

Hell, I have to ride all the way to Racine as it is from Madison because our local Indian dealer is ran by Engelhart which has one of the worst service departments of anything I've ever had to use. They price gouge like crazy and their techs aren't even qualified to be working on a pedal bike let alone an Indian.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is unfortunate, their are three Indian dealerships that are within an hour of me. Libertyville was the farthest, but have heard nothing but positive reviews about them. Had the opportunity to talk to their service guy over the phone and he was so upfront and provided me advice on certain things. Met one of the owners this year at the International Motorcycle show held in the Chicagoland area in February. Really nice guy and provided me his card and what other services they do for Indian Motorcycles (Custom paint, fabrication, etc.). Best of luck to them.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sad to see this happen.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
REALLY REALLY SAD NEWS!!! Just had both the Andrews custom grind cams and x-pipe installed and tuned (dyno'd) on my 2019 Roadmaster... runs like a dream. Thanks Todd-- we're all going to miss you genious!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow. That sucks. I bought my chieftain from another dealership in the area right before all this coved crap started. I drove past it a few times and it looked shut down like every other store there downtown. It seem really tight to navigate through there, but would still of liked to have another Indian stomping ground... I’m gonna have to go in and support them before they close up. What a shame.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Post on Facebook below.

Usually if a store is not losing money and is profitable, someone would step in and buy it, Seems like an opportunity for someone if that were the case.

·
Silver member
5,027 Posts
I don't think anyone would step in right now profitable or not. This Covid bullshit does not bode well for the retail of any product that requires instore purchasing...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I don't think anyone would step in right now profitable or not. This Covid bullshit does not bode well for the retail of any product that requires instore purchasing...
I concur. If one can purchase a cheeseburger, why can't one get a motorcycle? It isn't like the dealership floors are always packed with people.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I concur. If one can purchase a cheeseburger, why can't one get a motorcycle? It isn't like the dealership floors are always packed with people.
Because of all the meat packing plants shutting down we are now limited to single patty burgers only until further notice.......and who knows it may cost $100.

Tim

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I live 60 miles from that dealer and service and sales people are excellent. Here’s the story in the streets about why they are closing. There are 2 owners in this dealership. One wants to retire and just wants out. The other has another much bigger business that needs all his attention right now. Also the lease on the building is up end of the month. I got this from a friend I know who lives up that way and deals with them. Again it’s also what he’s been told

·
Rider
620 Posts
I live 60 miles from that dealer and service and sales people are excellent. Here’s the story in the streets about why they are closing. There are 2 owners in this dealership. One wants to retire and just wants out. The other has another much bigger business that needs all his attention right now. Also the lease on the building is up end of the month. I got this from a friend I know who lives up that way and deals with them. Again it’s also what he’s been told
That was also already posted at the beginning of the thread :p

1 - 20 of 50 Posts