Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

· Registered
2019 FTR 1200S
554 Posts
Cheers pal, all sorted with minimal damage.

Just to note also for anyone attempting this; I had to press the bush out of the stock brake lever / disassemble the stock lever to release the plunger for re-use in the aftermarket lever. Not sure I’ve seen this mentioned anywhere.
I think I mentioned that in another thread and think others may have as well. But yes, it is a thing to have to disassemble the stock brake lever to get the plunger/bushing out.

· Registered
24 Posts
Apologies, yes you’re right.
You actually gave a very thorough review which was greatly appreciated. I obviously didn’t take that part in.

I would add to your review to say that compared to stock the Raximos give a much more direct feel. Especially on downshifts, it’s much much more mechanical and a lot of feedback. I know the clutch is meant to disengage the transmission but it does almost seem like I can feel the gears engaging. I presume due to the CNC levers being much stiffer that stock cast levers and tight tolerances.

· Silver member
5,494 Posts
That’s your wallet talking to your left hand. 😛

They may be shorter or the hole for the cable may be a lttle further away from the pivot point, making the pull slightly heavier and the feel a little bit more direct, but the stock lever doesn’t flex. On any bike for that matter unless it’s plastic. Heck, CNC is just a different way of machining material and is better suited to lower production numbers.

(and I bet there’s some cnc machining done to the stock lever as well, else it wouldn’t have a consistent fit)

· Registered
75 Posts
It looks like Raximo may not ship to the US anymore. I sent an email to customer service for clarification. Puig makes similar levers, but I can't find the clutch lever adapter (#20464N). Perhaps the only option would then be Rizoma, but I think they're too expensive.

Sad times...

· Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,733 Posts
Thanks for that link, wasn't aware of them. I like the look better than the Rizomas, I think. But £141 per lever, that's a spicy meatball...

You like them?
I liked the Gilles simply for the aesthetics, as for the folding functionality I sincerely hope it's never 'tried in anger.' 😉

· Premium Member
2022 Indian Chief Bobber
148 Posts
I ordered the Raximo levers from Germany. ULTRA high quality. It's cool that you can select each component of the levers in a different finish/color. I have the adjustable ones.

I've never changed a bike's levers before; that being said, it took less than an hour to swap out the OEM's for these, from sliding open the tool box drawer to get wrenches to everything done and put away.

Feel is a bit lighter than the OEMs. I like they are shorter and adjustable. You can adjust them on the fly while riding. They look incredible. Excellent fit and finish.

I'd highly recommend Raximo levers for an FTR. Totally satisfied.
Hand tool Human body Sleeve Bicycle part Font

Hand tool White Paint Pliers Sleeve

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Bicycle tire

· Registered
75 Posts
Fellow Raximo users: do you find that the brake feel is softer with the Raximo compared to stock? It has always felt this way since I changed it... I assumed at the time that it was a poor bleed since the stock lever felt soft after getting it back from service before I changed them out. Today I bled the brake and it still feels about the same: sorta squishy.

Slightly more detail: I usually have the lever on "3" and if I squeeze the lever as hard as possible with two fingers and my ring and pinky fingers still on the grip, I can just about touch the lever to my knuckles (gloves on).

I suppose I could try to do some version of the brake lever clearance check written in the manual, but I'd have to think about the validity of the test using a different lever.

Thoughts?

· Registered
FTR R Carbon
22 Posts
Fellow Raximo users: do you find that the brake feel is softer with the Raximo compared to stock? It has always felt this way since I changed it... I assumed at the time that it was a poor bleed since the stock lever felt soft after getting it back from service before I changed them out. Today I bled the brake and it still feels about the same: sorta squishy.

Slightly more detail: I usually have the lever on "3" and if I squeeze the lever as hard as possible with two fingers and my ring and pinky fingers still on the grip, I can just about touch the lever to my knuckles (gloves on).

I suppose I could try to do some version of the brake lever clearance check written in the manual, but I'd have to think about the validity of the test using a different lever.

Thoughts?
Trilhou,
I concur with your observation about the brake lever. I also have it on three and it stops before touching the fingers on the handle. But it feels like it is flexing more than the stock lever. I don’t mind too much, though.
The biggest improvement is on the clutch side, I have it on setting one. Much more nimble.

It would be interesting to learn the results from your test.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.