Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the clutch lever clash with bar end mirrors as well. Rizoma seem to have a replacement lever. Spoke to UK distributor on Friday, took a measurement on the existing lever over the weekend and will speak to distributor again today to check the Rizoma replacement is actually shorter.

Rizoma lists these as direct replacements:
3D lever, now discontinued, but a few left in stock.
Adjustable Plus which UK would have to order in from Rizoma.

Will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can those with Raximo levers fitted please give their thoughts.

Apparent quality of manufacture?
Ease of install?
Functionality (clutch switch)?
Feel / usability / performance (the subjective bit)?

I have the Rizoma Adjustable Plus on order but didn’t know Raximo’s existed when I placed my order so wondering if I should order both and send one set back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Still waiting for the Rizoma levers, on back order with Rizoma apparently and delayed by the pandemic.

Ordered a set of Raximo, express delivery and they arrived a few days later.

Just tried fitting the clutch to start with; how do you get the bolt off the bottom of the pivot pin? The top of the pin is an almost flat dome and the nut on the bottom is a nylock so the whole pin just spins in the perch???

Don’t want to damage the perch or anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That flat done on top is just a plastic cover piece that covers the bolt head. It comes off but mine snapped in half while trying. So now I just have an exposed bolt head there. But it doesn’t bother me.
Cheers pal, all sorted with minimal damage.

Just to note also for anyone attempting this; I had to press the bush out of the stock brake lever / disassemble the stock lever to release the plunger for re-use in the aftermarket lever. Not sure I’ve seen this mentioned anywhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apologies, yes you’re right.
You actually gave a very thorough review which was greatly appreciated. I obviously didn’t take that part in.

I would add to your review to say that compared to stock the Raximos give a much more direct feel. Especially on downshifts, it’s much much more mechanical and a lot of feedback. I know the clutch is meant to disengage the transmission but it does almost seem like I can feel the gears engaging. I presume due to the CNC levers being much stiffer that stock cast levers and tight tolerances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.