Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At dealer yesterday and Jr. the service mgr. told me to spray SC Johnson Lemon Pledge on spoke wheels before putting cover on to prevent corrosion. I live on the Ocean so lots of SALTY air flow in my garage. Anybody hear this before??

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I've been using Lemon Pledge on my bikes for years. It also is a lemony fresh spray on quick wax for the "tins'.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just polished my mustang saddle for my winter leathers easy to slide that leg over but its fun

Reactions: Roll On

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
At dealer yesterday and Jr. the service mgr. told me to spray SC Johnson Lemon Pledge on spoke wheels before putting cover on to prevent corrosion. I live on the Ocean so lots of SALTY air flow in my garage. Anybody hear this before??
Oh yeah, it is an old trick and one that works too.
I was up in N.E. Texas about 15 years ago when my scooter got swarmed by bees while I was in the shithouse.
They were thick on the gas tank, like a carpet. The gas station attendant loaned me a hose pipe and I was able to rinse em off without getting stung but three times.

I know it was the Lemon Pledge what attracted them to my bike.

Later that day I got to where I was going, all the way up around Texarkana. I parked for the night and when I came out I found fire ants had holed up on my bike. They was busy licking the Lemon Pledge off of every surface on the bike. You could see their little tongue prints all over. These little bastards are meaner than a tromped on rattlesnake too. Every now and then I was getting ant bites for two weeks after that....If I wasn't getting ant bit I was thinking I was gonna get ant bit.

Whew, just thinking about it brings a song to mind....and it goes like this....

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Oh yeah man. I was freakin and peakin on them damn ants for 6 months.
I finally had to turn myself into the Bug House to be put in a 12 step program.
But since I was in Texas...all I could find was a two step program....and it went something like this...

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Reactions: Roll On

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Some swear by Pledge .. Give me Eagle One Wipe and Shine anytime .. Might cost a little more but protects far better I think ..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Lemon Pledge does work well as a protectant but make sure it is the lemon and not the orange scented Pledge. Insects, especially bees and hornets love the orange scented stuff for some reason.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Don't use it if your bike is not a "lemon" ( sorry just had to say it)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh yeah man. I was freakin and peakin on them damn ants for 6 months.
I finally had to turn myself into the Bug House to be put in a 12 step program.
But since I was in Texas...all I could find was a two step program....and it went something like this...

But of coarse ,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts