Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 Chieftain with approximately 13,500 miles. Bike has had a few niggling problems but yesterday I discovered one that I'm wondering anyone else has experienced.

Last October on a ride to Maine, I got caught in a steady constant rain day. Midday, while riding, the left signal just came on. I check my gauges pretty regular so the signal didn't activate too long. Hit the cancel,the left directional went off, and then came back on. This went on for literally the rest of the day and until the left cube dried out, the wonkiness continued.

Yesterday however I had a major issue with the left cube/direction switch. No rain...not humid...perfect 80 degree day. I was riding through a small town and as I approached an intersection, I looked down and the damn left turn signal came on! THIS IS NOT GOOD as should the traffic facing me believe that I'm turning left, they too will turn left. This can lead to a massive t-bone incident. I see the right switch gear (ghost starting) has been recalled, but 1) has anyone else had this occur and 2) did Indian or the dealer address the problem and / or fix adequately?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did get the problem resolved. Started by calling Indian Cust Serv to let them know of the problem (funny how many times I've heard "That's a new one for me" when I bring a complaint to someone). Made arrangements with my dealer (Bair's Powersports in North Canton) who replaced the cue so I'm happy with the repair and pleased with Indian's response.be. Indian covered all but $100 of the replacement so I am not going to complain as the switch was like $695. No problems since so I am happy with Indians response.

·
Rider
536 Posts
Thank you for the update. Something for me to keep in mind, so if my turn signals start automatically turning on it’s not necessarily “the Man” directing high powered microwaves at my bike trying to kill me haha. Or is it....?

·
Bronze member
1,943 Posts
Happened to me once...attributed it an intense washing and the next day what you described happened. Never did it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts