Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
If you are willing to pay the price, there are several threads on JW Speaker lights. I have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about them except the price.

FYI -- Some LED headlights require some trimming to headlight bucket. A Dremel tool, or tin snips, or diagonal wire cutters all work fine.

You did not mention the year or model bike. If you have a full fairing like the one above and you have halogen running lights, changing them to LED is like a whole new world. BUT, be careful with the mounting screws and know that the plugs inside the fairing may require adapters or splices.

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I am using the Vision Voretx on my Sprignfield. Vision-X is plug and play after you rastle the nacelle off the front end =>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey O,
There are some great threads on the forum if you do a search.
Here is one on JW Speaker. LED Upgrades Installed
There's another I couldn't find right off of someone who did A LOT of homework on using the Sylvania's instead of a full swap.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: bmx924

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have Eagle Lights on mine. Havent had any issues with them running. Probably put a few thousand miles on them.

I picked the blacked out ones to match the Dark Horse theme. They also had halo ones.

·
Rider
1,566 Posts
I just put in new LED Bulbs from Auxito direct plug and play in my 2018 Vintage. The headlight alone is 6000 lumens and 6500K white co!or. The fog lights are 1500 lumens and same color spectrum. No codes are being thrown but my power on \ off button no longer goes green just the red at as it used to before starting. Also the headlight doesn't turn on until after the bike starts. But they are amazingly bright.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Eagle Lights on mine. Havent had any issues with them running. Probably put a few thousand miles on them.

I picked the blacked out ones to match the Dark Horse theme. They also had halo ones. View attachment 589000
This is exactly what I'm looking at...any installation issues? I have read there were some issues with the fitment on the Springfield Darkhorse.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I didnt take the cowling off as I'm lazy. It can work to get to remove and install the new light, but be careful not to scratch the housing. The other thing was that my headlight seemed just a bit smaller than the metal ring that holds the light in place. They sent me a rubber gasket (see rubber band lol) to make it fit better. I didnt use it. I've put many miles on the bike with no issues.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are those passing lights or fog lamps? I'm having trouble finding those exact Eagle lights - do you happen to have a model# on those? They look great!

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Eagle lights have been good, great lifetime warranty

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are those passing lights or fog lamps? I'm having trouble finding those exact Eagle lights - do you happen to have a model# on those? They look great!
The set I bought had head light and the two running lights. Kit # 8700BG3

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks! How about that horizontal metal bracket? Did you need to purchase any wiring harness?

Edit: Eagle Lights is saying they don't have lights that fit a 19 Chief DH.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It was plug-n-play with my 2018 Springfield Dark Horse. I dont remember a horizontal bracket. Not sure why the 2019 would be any different.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry to highjack this thread, but I have the factory led's on my 17 Chieftain elite. I want to put the black eagles on but wondering how the Eagles compare to the stock led's? Is it counter productive to swap out just for the looks? I think the black lights would look good on the red of the front fairing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I really like the blacked out look. I was on the fence if I wanted halos on them as well. I dont know if the oems are better or not tho.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just throwing this out there for people looking for an inexpensive option. I saw this on another thread this morning and went out and bought the bulbs this afternoon and just installed. Cost me $69 (Canadian, so like $7.50 US....) I am so happy with the results. My headlight is bright white, same colour as the bonnet. Its an Xenon Sylvania bulb H4. When looking into them, you will he told they don’t fit the Chief, but they do. The picture doesn’t do them justice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The set I bought had head light and the two running lights. Kit # 8700BG3
Was it plug and play or did you need to buy any other parts ?

·
Registered
290 Posts
For Canadian guys, a Canadian link will be super helpful! :).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts