Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out this morning cleaning the bike and I noticed these blister looking bumps on the seat of my chieftain. Was wondering if anyone else has come across these and if it's something I should worry about.
20190817_075917.jpg
20190817_075912.jpg

·
Vendor / bronze
2,847 Posts
That material is very thin and bonded to another layer to give it strength. So it looks like you are getting some separation. I would go for warranty replacement if available. If not just ignore it. It won't last as long as it should but at some point it can become your excuse to get an aftermarket seat that is more comfortable. One reason aftermarket seats are more comfortable is your wallet is much thinner after paying for it.

·
Rider
396 Posts
Definitely looks like delamination of the top layer or maybe something got sprayed on the seat that is causing to bubble?

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I would be going to your local dealership that would have to be a warranty claim, depending on the age of the bike .Regardless I would be pushing for a new seat.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I'm out this morning cleaning the bike and I noticed these blister looking bumps on the seat of my chieftain. Was wondering if anyone else has come across these and if it's something I should worry about. View attachment 517308 View attachment 517310
They will most likely fight you on warranty. I had a similar condition at the seams where it was peeling, with less than 500 miles on it.

I push and pushed my dealer. Polaris kept saying normal wear and tear. Finally they relented, and did a so called "1 time good will" swap.

I have had zero issues with the 2nd seat, which proves my point, the 1st was defective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts