Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2014 Vintage cpl months back and just dyed the bags when I noticed inside one of them was the
rubber standoff. I figured I would lube it up with some Australian leather conditioner I was using but couldn’t get it seated
in its hole. Anyone know what’s the correct way to install this ?

TIA.

Bob.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
I purchased a 2014 Vintage cpl months back and just dyed the bags when I noticed inside one of them was the
rubber standoff. I figured I would lube it up with some Australian leather conditioner I was using but couldn’t get it seated
in its hole. Anyone know what’s the correct way to install this ?

TIA.

Bob.
Rubber Standoff? Do you mean the rubber mount between fender and bag? That would be mounted outside the bag. Gotta pic?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that’s it. it has a hole that goes almost all the way thru , I tried lubing it up and using a ball end type Allen wrench to force it thru the opening but no go. Didn‘t want to punch a hole thru it. Thinking I may try wrapping a string around the collar of the nib that goes into the hole similar to installing a windshield into the old type rubber gaskets. Just need to get a piece of the lip thru the hole.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fix was using waxed twine wrapped around the rubber collar on the cone shaped plug. String thru hole , then just pull tight to the hole while unwrapping the string . Once you get a portion of the lip in push & twist it like a screw .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts